Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Weekend + This Week

Okay, this is going to be a long one, folks, because I haven't had time to blog the last few days.  Oops!  Now time to make up for it.

---

First things first....I got some AWESOME news when I checked my phone this morning....


That would be my Xtrain.  It was originally scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, so this was a great surprise!!  To say that I was excited would be an understatement.  I think I squealed a little and scared the cat.    :D

I took a quick peak at the Workout Manager on Cathe's site, and was able to see what the rotations looked like.  I'll probably be doing the 30 day cardio/weights rotation.  It's 6 days per week, with one rest day.  I'd like my "rest" days to be Fridays, so Saturday was going to be day 1 for me.  But I'm really excited.  So I think I'm going to start mid-week of week 1, and then do all of week 1 starting Saturday.  I just can't wait anymore!!!

I'll be doing day 1 of C25K right after work.  I'm telling myself I can't go to the office to get the package until I've finished that workout.  So a little extra motivation to get myself going for day 1!  Woo-hoo!!

---

Now on to the weekend.  This weekend was pretty low-key for me.  Saturday I had a hair appointment.  I didn't do anything different really, just cleaned up the ends/layers and added some side-swept bangs.  I also got my eyebrows waxed.  That was LONG overdue.  I was growing a forest up there!  All of that for $75...ugh!!  I really need to find a cheaper place.  The wax was $20.....$55 for a TRIM???  Maybe Great Clips isn't so bad after all.

Saturday night was playoff game #1 for the Vikes.  And the last.  Whoever decided to take our quarterback out of the FIRST playoff game and put the other one in (who had not played ONCE this season), was a dumb***!!  A sore elbow?  Come on.  Me thinks someone was a little chicken and didn't want to screw up even bigger than he did the first time we played the Packers this season.  Oh well.  There's always next year....which is what we say every year.    :)

Sunday was the big day for this little guy....


I brought him in to get neutered at 8:30 in the morning.  I felt so bad, I even cried a little as I was leaving.  He looked so scared.   :(    I know....really, Heather?  What the heck am I going to do when I have kids???  I'll probably pass out if they ever have to have surgery.  While he was in his surgery and recovering, I went to my niece's 14th birthday party.


I cannot believe that is the same little girl I held in my arms when she was a baby.  She's a good 6-7 inches taller than me now (although, I'm not too hard to beat in that department)!!  She is one sassy frass of a girl, but such a sweetheart.

At 3:30 I got called that Ricky was ready to come home, so I went to pick him up.  Poor little guy peed on his blanket.   :(    That was not a fun car ride home.  It was pretty entertaining to watch him when I let him out of his carrier.  He was still pretty drugged up and could barely walk!  Haha, it was great.  He's doing much better now.

Yesterday was the 3rd day of my weekend, because I took the day off!!  I didn't know how close I would need to watch Ricky, so I took it off just in case.  It was great, and I got a lot of stuff done.  I finally cleaned my apartment and got rid of all the boxes from Christmas (I know, that's pretty bad, seeing as Christmas was 2 weeks ago already), meal planned and went grocery shopping, and I cooked this turkey....


We got a free turkey and a free ham from our company (it's a tradition they do every year before the holidays).  I'll be eating LOTS of turkey over the next week.  We ate it last night, I'll be making buffalo turkey wraps for lunches, and I have a turkey hash recipe that I found, which I'll make on Thursday.  I'll freeze the rest and make a soup this weekend...maybe turkey chili or turkey taco soup or something.  We'll see!

---

I did weigh myself this morning, but I'm not recording it.  I forgot it's that time of the month this week.  Had a little freak out until I remembered that.  So you'll all have to wait until next week.  Although, I'm starting to wonder if maybe I shouldn't do weigh-ins now that I'm starting Xtrain.  I tend to gain a little weight when I first start a weight training program (which is normal).  BUT...I'm still doing the Dietbet.  I'll have to wait and see.

---

I think that's it.  I have a buffalo turkey wrap to eat.  I'll leave you with this....saw it on Elle Noel's blog, and loved it!


Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment