Friday, January 18, 2013

This Week's Fitness Review

It's Friday!  YES!  I am really tired today, so I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.  And getting in a workout right away, of course.   :)

Since Fridays are the end of the week for me, fitness-wise, I figured I would use Fridays as my day to review how my workouts went for the week.  So here we go: my first Week In Review...

Saturday
Workout: Burn Sets Chest, Back, & Shoulders
Review: I was a little nervous seeing as a Saturday was my first day in the rotation, because I never work out on the weekends.  Talk about setting myself up for failure.  But I did workout, and that was a great feeling!  It was a great workout, and my chest muscles were pretty sore for the next couple of days.

Sunday
Workout: Cardio Leg Blast
Review: Put cardio and legs together in one workout, and you've got one heck of a workout!  I was sweating hard (and I had a picture to prove it).  I felt proud of myself for getting this workout in, because I had a late night the night before, and had the worst headache.  It was also grocery shopping/meal planning day, and I really didn't feel like doing anything.

Monday
Workout: Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's
Review: My endorphins were still pumping today, and the excitement and energy that my workouts gave me over the weekend were both still there.  This was a good workout, and my triceps were burning.  I also noted that I'll need some 10 pound dumbbells (which, by the way, I ordered on Amazon a few days ago.  They were supposed to arrive yesterday, but they weren't delivered because they were damaged ?!  A little upset by that, and am in contact with Amazon).  I think once I get those dumbbells, I should be all set.  Then after a while I'll need to order heavier, hehe.    :)

Instagram picture from last night...laying on the floor after a core workout!

Tuesday
Workout: Hardstrikes Timesaver (was supposed to be Ride)
Review: I really set myself up for failure by not being prepared for the Ride workout.  I was a little disappointed, because it would have been my first "spinning" workout.  To make a long story short, I didn't get the download on to my phone, and when I attempted to do it on Tuesday night, it didn't work because it said it would take over 2 hours to transfer.  So I did the Hardstrikes workout (which I was supposed to do on Wednesday).  I'm not a huge kickboxing/boxing workout fan.  This workout was an okay workout.  I'm glad it was shorter, because I probably would have gotten bored and quit.

Wednesday
Workout: None (oops)
Review: I was supposed to transfer the Ride workout to my phone.  Didn't.  I should have done Thursday's workout.  Didn't.  I was tired, and my energy was dragging.  I chose to watch my boyfriend play volleyball over working out.  Bad move.  That put a "circle" on my calendar.


Thursday
Workout: All Out Low Impact HIIT + Core
Review: What a tough workout!  HIIT is always tough, and this workout was no exception (don't let "low impact" fool you into thinking it's easy!).  And boy did that core workout kill me again.


All in all, this week was a great week.  It showed me that I can do this.  Even with a missed workout, I kept going.  Even though I never worked out on weekends before, I did it...TWICE!  I am capable of more than I give myself credit for.  And so are YOU!  You just need to dig deep and find that motivation.  This series has been a great light at the end of the tunnel for me.  It got me excited.  It got me motivated.  I have a feeling that this is the real thing this time.  And that's exciting!!

Yep, pretty sure there is no trace of muscle in my arms...but I'll get there!!
---

On a completely unrelated note: I've seen a lot of bloggers talking about these Subscription Boxes.  After doing some research, I've found that there are tons of different kinds out there.  Anyone subscribe to any?  Know anyone who's subscribed?  What are the best ones out there, in your opinion??

2 comments: