Monday, January 14, 2013

A First + C25K Update

Today will be a first for me.  A first that I'm sure many would be surprised with.  Today, I will be eating something new and different for lunch....


A sweet potato.  Can you believe I've never eaten one?  Well, one that is not in french fry form anyway.  I've had Sweet Potato fries from TJ's, and they are AH-mazing!  I was reading through some of my daily blogs on Friday, and got the great idea to eat one of these beauties for lunch.  I'm planning on eating it with some Wholly Guacamole, and nonfat plain Greek Yogurt.  I'll let you know how it goes, and what I think once I eat it!

---

So, it's Monday.  Womp womp.  The day when no one feels like working.  And I am no exception today.  I've been productive and gotten pretty much everything done that needs to be.  Now I'm in kind of a lull, so I figured I'd update the blog.

I'm sure many were happy to see my back sweat this weekend.  You're welcome.  Today on the plan is Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's + Core #1.  Looking forward to a short(er) workout of 47 minutes.  Gives me extra time to relax.  Which I'll need, because The Bachelor is on tonight!!


Yumm-o.  The only reason I look forward to Mondays.    :)     I've been watching The Bachelor since the first season, and no I am not ashamed.  That, Big Brother, and American Idol (starts this week!).  I'm a reality TV queen.  A good thing, because I really don't have a need for cable channels then, and it saves me money.    :)

Another good thing that will save me some time tonight is my ham that I have cooking in the crock pot right now.  Yep, last week I cooked the turkey I got from work, and now this week, ham is on the menu.  I just put 2 cups of brown sugar and the ham in the slow cooker this morning.  Looking forward to going home to the lovely smell of ham tonight!  And the rest of the week, I'll be eating sweet potatoes and ham for lunches.

---

C25K Update:  I've decided to hold off on training.  The Minnesota weather is pretty cold this year, and I really don't see it warming up by March.  I'd rather not do my first 5K in cold weather.  I'd also like to be able to solely concentrate on Xtrain.  I plan on getting through this first rotation, and then moving on to the 30 Day Strength/Cardio rotation.  Once that's done, I'll be able to start my training.  For the Mother's Day 5K.  It's put on by the same organization (Charities Challenge) that does the St. Patrick's Day 5K.  

Not to fret!  I still plan on keeping that New Year's Resolution!  I just figured with my weight loss goals, I want to only focus on one thing right now, and that's Xtrain. 

Plus, I could use that extra hour of sleep in the mornings....because sleep is good for losing weight!

Make it a great one!

2 comments:

  1. I love sweet potatoes - you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did enjoy it! Looking forward to a week full of sweet potatoes. :)

      Delete