Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Back At It

Well, I was back at it yesterday with the working out.  Bi's & Tri's was on the schedule.  Usually I don't expect much of a calorie burn from weight workouts, but....


253 calories is pretty good for an upper body workout.  Please ignore my hairy arms.  

Yesterday also marked day 1 on My Fitness Pal.  How did I do?


Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.  Those extra 36 calories won't make or break me....plus, it took me about 20 minutes trying to shove my 6564568436 pound mattress back on to my bed all by myself, so that was a workout in itself.  Don't ask.  

I'm thinking that to get the most bang for my buck, I should start using my BodyMedia Fit armband.  I got one a couple years ago, and use it every now and then (yes, I'm one of those people who has a $6/month membership on the website and never use it).  I can sync that with MFP, and get actual calories burned throughout the day (rather than just through exercise, and the estimate they use based off my "sedentary" setting).  I'll put that baby on tonight so I can get good readings for tomorrow.

And to cap off this post, I'll leave you with this.  Ricky must be listening to my advice about lifting weights.  Looks like he wants to join in on the fun.  Except, well....I don't think that's what the weights are for.   ;)


Make it a great one!

4 comments:

  1. how are you liking that heart rate monitor? I am considering getting one (the same kind actually!) I am really wanting to get an accurate idea of my calories burned!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it...and I especially like that it's pink! But it seems to function well. It's my first HR monitor, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. But I'm loving it so far!

      Delete