Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Soup-er Bowl + 1400 Calories

Just stepped out of my office "Soup"-er Bowl party....basically everyone brings in a soup, and we vote on the best soup.  I think we had about 12 different soups.....I just stuck with small servings of 3.    ;)    Needless to say, I'm stuffed!

---

Last night, I chose watching the boyfriend play volleyball over working out.  Womp womp.  So one day was missed on my calendar.   :(     Old Heather would have taken that as a cue to throw in the towel.  Not anymore.  It's just one day out of many many more days to come.  I can't keep that "perfectionist" mentality.  It's no bueno for me.

I do plan on doing the Low Impact HIIT + Core workout tonight though.  Which means I still have not done Ride.  I'm not sure yet if I'm going to double up on Saturday, or just miss it for this week altogether (because I'm scheduled to do the Ride workout on Sunday, anyway).

I have to say, though, being on Instagram has been giving me a TON of motivation.  I get so many updates from all these bloggers I follow with their eats and workouts.  One in particular really stood out to me last night, from Megan, over at Miss Madison's Charmed Life.  She posted a picture of her calories burned during her two workouts last night............

Over 1400 calories!!!!

In ONE night?!?!  That is insane!  And really puts some fire in me to really amp up my workouts.  I may not burn that many calories, but I am going to work on really putting a bigger effort in to my workouts.  The more you put in to them, the better the results, right?

---

You may have noticed things kept changing up a bit as far as my layout goes.  I think I finally picked something I like.  Nice and simple, and I made that cartoon character myself.  I'm pretty happy with it.  At first I tried out a chevron background, then a couple templated backgrounds from Blogger....but after about 665846448746 different tries, I finally just decided to go with a white background.  Perfect for me!

Oh, and I also got a good chunk of my pages done.  They're nothing spectacular, but they're good for now!  Still working on the 5K Training and Contact Me pages.

---

That's it for now....time to go fill up on some water (NOT Mt. Dew, like I would normally do).  One of those soups was spicy!!

6 comments:

  1. I like the little cartoon. I do not know how people burn 1000 calories at the gym. I guess I am not working out long enough. I am good to 500-700 at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think she did two, 1-hour long classes. I've done that before, and I was DEAD tired!

      Delete
  2. Megan is a freaking beast, love her, but damn! I like how your pages have turned out, very cute and simple. I want to do something different to mine, but I may just end up paying someone. I am not tech savvy enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not too tech savvy either...Blogger helps a lot. All I really did was the banner (PicMonkey) and figured out the colors and font! :)

      Delete
  3. OH wow I usually only burn about 5-700 calories at a time... Oh well. I like this layout of the blog, and the cartoon woman at the top is too cute! You have motivated me to work on my pages at the top of my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it is really nice to get them done and out of the way. :)

      Delete