Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Overnight Oats and Maple Syrup Eggs

Good morning, and Happy Tuesday!  Don't you just hate "that" girl in the office who puts the word happy in front of every day of the week?  Please only do that if it's Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.  At least in front of me....especially in the mornings...and especially at work.    :D

Moving on.  My breakfast this morning....


Overnight oats, and a hard-boiled egg with pure maple syrup.  I know, I gagged at the thought of that egg too.  I can't remember where I got the idea, but I remember the person explaining why she thought of this concoction.  Don't you ever eat pancakes (or waffles or french toast) and eggs, and then the syrup gets in to the eggs?  Well, it happens to me, and I like it.  And I like this too.  Try it!

Overnight oats have become a morning staple for me, because I can never get my butt out of bed in the mornings to actually prepare a meal.  This is the next best option, and it's a yummy one!  Mine consists of oatmeal (obviously), coconut milk, cinnamon, ground flax seed (make sure you're near a bathroom when you start eating this), and natural peanut butter.  My oatmeal was a little dry this morning....I like mine a little runny.  So that just means I didn't add enough coconut milk.  NBD....I'll add lots tonight for tomorrow's breakfast!

---

Remember yesterday when I tried my first sweet potato for lunch?  It was a success!  I did like it.  Though, it was a little rubbery for me - I think because I nuked it in the microwave.  I baked my sweet potato last night, and I'll be eating that for lunch today.  We'll see what kind of difference it makes.

---

Another "X" was put on my workout calendar last night!  Today's workout is Ride.  I still haven't downloaded it to my phone, so I'm going to need to do that right away after work.  Crossing my fingers and hoping I have no issues!  That'll teach me to do things last-minute like I always do.  I'm a little nervous...it's almost an hour-long workout, and I've never done spinning before.  Sure, I've gone for nice rides in the park, at a leisurely pace.  But a spinning class?  Where I have to actually work?  Yikes!  But my workout manager I use on cathe.com says that it burns almost 700 calories...so it will be worth it!

My workout last night (Bi's & Tri's + Core) was great.  I still need to buy 10 pound weights.  I wasn't going to failure with the biceps with my 8 pound weights.  I had them in my cart when I went grocery shopping at Target on Sunday, but I took them out because they were expensive, and I can't stand to see my bill so high.  I'm kicking myself now.  I'm going to have to buy them anyway!!!  Oh well, it was still a good workout.

---

Okay, well, that's it for today.  I feel like I have so much to talk about.  So maybe...just maybe....I'll post again today.  We shall see!

8 comments:

  1. I just signed up for a groupon to do a special type of spinning class where the bike moves from side to side to simulate a real bike ride. Eek! So nervous! I love regular spinning though! Be prepared for a sore butt tomorrow, but if you stick with it you will notice it gets less and less each time!

    GOOD LUCK!

    Oh, and eggs with syrup?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, that Groupon thing sounds neat! The stuff they come up with! The fitness world is always changing...such a good thing!

      LOL, I know. It sounds odd. But it is actually pretty good. Not something I eat every morning, but it's nice once in a while when I'm wanting something a little sweeter!

      Delete
  2. Im going to try the overnight oatmeal thing. I too struggle with early morning. My goal is to start working out in the AM, just a quick 20-30 minutes or so. Weights are expensive but if you have resistance bands they can be used as a substitute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've tried so many times to workout in the mornings...sleep always wins. I just can't do it...I'm not a morning person! Whatever works for you is what's best for you. Good luck on your morning workout goal!

      Delete
  3. I need to give oatmeal another try. Last year I tried sweet potatoes for the first time and I am hooked on them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, overnight oats are so easy, and they're so good. I feel like I'm eating something I shouldn't be eating when I add all the good stuff (like PB!).

      Delete
  4. Whenever I see maple syrup touching eggs at breakfast, it makes me gag a little. Then again, I eat my hard boiled eggs with ketchup...to each their own!

    I did overnight oats like every day for a couple of weeks last year. Too much at once. I also have a slight aversion to them. Oy.

    PS I read your rewards part of your blog and have one thing to say: $50 AT CHARMING CHARLIE IS AN AWESOME REWARD...WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF IT? LOVE THAT PLACE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charming Charlie is the best. It is a little overwhelming at first, but now I'm obsessed!

      Delete