Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013


2012 has come to an end.  And what a year it has been.  Actually, it really wasn’t that eventful.  Other than a new job at a much larger company (and a great raise!), plus moving (again) in August, there really isn’t much to report on any major life changes.  Oh, and then there’s this blog, which I created in August (this is my 102nd post, by the way!).  It started out as “Eat, Live, Dance, Repeat” and then changed to “My Inner Butterfly” when I bought my own domain.  A little premature, I know, seeing as my readership is pretty dang low.  But I really like the idea of having my own domain. 

The world did not end again…maybe it will in 2013, who knows?  But that shouldn't stop you from making goals and resolutions, right?  And hey, if the world does end, at least you have a pretty good excuse as to why you didn't reach those goals.   ;)

2013 is going to be my year.  No, I don’t say that every year.  I just have a good feeling that this year will bring good things to me, and I have a good feeling that I will finally get my weight under control.  It has been a long time coming, and I’m looking forward to just feeling comfortable in my own skin.  No more buying clothes too big and bulky for me because I am too uncomfortable in form-fitting clothes (and to whoever said that wearing clothes that are loose on you will make you look smaller should be “drug out in to the street and shot”  ß said Garfield). 

So what are my plans for 2013? 

Run My First 5K
I’ve already touched on this a little bit in previous posts.  I plan on signing up for my first 5K in March for St. Patrick’s Day.  I’ve already done the research, and have chosen to sign up for the Charities Challenge St. Patrick Irish Traditions 5K on March 17 (a Sunday this year) in St. Paul around beautiful Lake Como.  I printed out the registration form (I didn’t want to sign up via Active.com because there’s a processing fee, and I’m cheap like that).  C25K starts Monday, January 7!  I’m also posting this on Facebook.  For everyone to see.  I need to keep myself accountable, and I’m hoping Facebook and the blog will help me in that area. 

Complete the Xtrain Series
You already know I ordered the Xtrain series, and when I finally get it, I’ll decide which rotation I’m going to do (I think there’s like 5 or 6 to choose from), I plan on completing it in its entirety.  No more starting a plan and stopping to see if there’s something bigger and better out there.  This is it.  I’ve been watching the clips of all the DVDs that are included, and everything from the moves to the music has me so excited about this series.  Never have I been this excited to exercise!

Reach my Goal Weight
With a little help from goal #1 and goal #2, I should be able to reach my goal weight of 115 pounds this year.  I want to be at least halfway there by May, which is the end of Operation: Red Bikini.  That’s 37 pounds to my goal weight, and to be halfway there, I’ll need to be at about 132-133 pounds in May.  I haven’t weighed that since my early years in college.  And I’m going to get there.  Watch me!

Get my Budget Under Control
I need to look at my finances long and hard.  I’m making too much money to be living paycheck to paycheck like I am.  I should still have some money left over after paying the bills, and that has not been the case.  Probably because of my over-spending on going out, lunches out, impulse buys, etc.  It’s time to make some spreadsheets and figure out where I can make some wiggle room.  I don’t want to be renting forever.  I want a home…a place I can call my own.  And so far, it’s not looking too promising.

Create a Cleaning Schedule/Household Notebook
Is anyone familiar with those household binders?  Full of cleaning schedules, menu planners, calendars, etc?  I need to make one of those.  And I need to clean a little every day, rather than waiting to clean one day on the weekends.  Because usually the weekends roll around, and I have too much to do to spend a couple hours cleaning, so I blow it off.  And then my apartment turns in to a disaster area.  It’s a lot more do-able if I figure out a schedule and clean a little bit a few days a week. 

And there you have it….my 5 goals for 2013.  I don’t think any of it is too hard or difficult.  It’s just a matter of doing it.  And I plan on keeping everyone up to date on all of these goals throughout the year.  Here’s to making 2013 the year of ME!

2 comments:

  1. That Household Notebook is a great idea. I am so not organized and would love to get there.

    By the way, I can tell by the tone of your posts that you have really made an internal change. It is so great to read about your exciting new plans for yourself and I hope that you are able to achieve all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I feel great, and am hoping that will lead to some great things!

      Delete