Monday, September 10, 2012

Week In Review / Goals for the Week

This is a little late.  I'd like to be able to get these "Week in Review"s up on Sundays, but my weekends are usually spent off the computer.  We shall see.

So let's start with my week in review.  Below is my weekly report from LoseIt!  Mind you, I didn't log anything on Monday (Labor Day), so my calories are really low.

Not good.  That's way too many days where I went over my calories.  We'll see what damage I caused when I weigh in on Wednesday.  As far as exercise goes, I'm a little happier with that, but I was obviously grasping at straws with the house cleaning and dancing (that was done at a night club, and not very strenuous).  And my weight obviously hasn't changed since I've only logged my weight once.

In all, I'd maybe give myself a C-.  While I didn't completely fail (I tracked my calories and exercise, and I was mindful of my food choices), I didn't excel either.  And with the adrenaline and excitement of a new plan, I definitely should have done better.

What did I learn?  I eat when I'm stressed.  I need to find ways to cope with my stress and calm down so I don't eat everything in front of me.

I also learned that it would be best if I set aside one day a week to put all my salads together and ready to go for the week.  That way I can just grab and go.  Right now I don't have enough tupperware containers to do that.  Maybe I can assemble them in sandwich bags for this week?  I'm not sure yet.  But I learned that if I don't have the salads ready to go, I'm less likely to pack them for my lunches each day.

Another lesson learned is....I need to have some snacks on hand for volleyball.  My boyfriend plays volleyball a few nights a week, and chips and soda are my mainstays every time I go.  Even if I'm not hungry.  It doesn't sound like a lot of food, but it is, and it's a lot of calories.  I'll be searching the internet for some fun snacks (I'm thinking kid snacks.......shut up, you know you like them too) to take along with me.  And maybe some type of flavored water pouches to bring along.

And one final lesson - I am not a morning person.  Okay, I already knew that.  But my plan was to workout both in the morning and at night.  I just can't get my lazy ass out of bed.  I need to work on getting to bed earlier.  I'm not going to give up on the morning workouts yet.  I think it will definitely help with the weight loss to try the two-a-days.

What are my goals for the week?  I already kind of outlined them above, but I'll put them in nice little bullet points here...

  • Find other ways to cope with stress
  • Put my salads for the week in individual ready-to-go containers
  • Create some go-to snacks for volleyball
  • Stay within my calorie budget at least 5 out of 7 days
  • Workout at least 4 days this week (afternoon)
  • Workout at least 2 days in the morning


So there ya go.  Now let's get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment