Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Day in the Life


Even though none of these bloggers know who I am, I still decided to join in the fun.  It's fun reading how others go about their days.  And here's mine!

6:45-7:15     Hit the snooze button until I get my lazy butt out of bed.

7:15-7:40     Get ready in the small amount of time I have, and curse myself for hitting the snooze button.  I also attempt to put my lunch/snack together, but most days I don't have enough time.

7:40-8:05     Sit in traffic and curse myself some more for being lazy and not getting out of bed on time.  Now I'm late for work.

8:05-9:00     Go through emails, respond to any that need to be taken care of right away.  And, no, I shouldn't be doing this, but I also catch up on blogs and Big Brother spoilers.   :-/

9:00-12:00    Work, meetings, etc.  I typically don't have enough work in this job, so some of this time is spent working on my blog, weight loss plan, and reading more blogs.

12:00-12:30  Lunch time!  On days I had time to get my lunch together, I just heat up what I have and eat at my desk.  Other days I have to run to Subway or the deli to get a lunch (or McDonald's).  This means a lot of rushing with only a half-hour lunch break.

12:30-4:30    More work, meetings, and doing other people's work  favors for other people (no, I'm not bitter at all.....).  

4:30-5:00     Time to head home.  My commute is usually about a ½ hour in the afternoon.

5:00-6:00      Sit around with the boyfriend (if he’s home).  If he’s not home, this is usually the time I get ready for the gym and go to a workout class.  Workout classes usually start at 5:30 and go to 6:30.  Sometimes I decide to stay for 2 classes, and then I’d be done around 7:30.

6:00-10:00     If the boyfriend is home, I’ll go with him to volleyball and watch.  Yep, 4 more hours of sitting on my butt and surfing the web on my phone (if he’s not playing – he doesn’t always play, he sometimes watches).  If he’s not home, like I said, I’m at the gym until about 6:30 or 7:30, depending on how many classes I go to.  Then I come home and cook dinner, which is usually ready at about 9:00.

10:00-11:30     Come home, cook, eat, watch some TV with the boyfriend, and go to bed.  I’m usually too lazy for a bedtime routine.  So no brushing my teeth (gross) or washing my face (gross again). 


The main theme of this post?  It's time to stop being lazy.  And as Dr. Phil would say, start getting real.  My routine needs to change.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Holly and me. I enjoyed reading about your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun reading about everyone else's days! Love your blog, by the way. :)

      Delete
  2. I love reading Big Brother spoilers, too. Just try not to wreck your car doing it. :)

    Also, I saw your weigh-in post... Don't be too hard on yourself.... Just jump back on the horse and finish the race. One pound is nothing-- YOU CAN DO IT!

    And thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always so sad when Big Brother is coming to an end. Too bad there wasn't a writer's strike every year...like a few years back, and there were 2 Big Brothers in one year!! I hate waiting a whole year to feed my BB addiction!! And, yes, I have to admit, I look at updates on my phone while driving. :\

      Yeah, I am trying to not make the number on the scale mean so much. One day...or should I say, one MEAL...at a time.

      It was fun reading about everyone's days!

      Delete