Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back-Up Plan Day

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend (all 0 of you that ready my blog)!  Mine was good...nice and relaxing.  It's this time of year that I really miss high school.  I loved the feeling of going back to school.  And my high school days were the best years of my life.  Not college, high school.  I had a real hard time making friends in college (I came out with none), so college wasn't as great as many had said it would be.  I blame my very shy and self-conscious personality.  I was starting to make friends towards the end of my 2nd year in Mankato, but then I decided to transfer to be closer to my then-boyfriend....who I'm not even with anymore.  Huge mistake.  NEVER pick a school based on where your current boyfriend is.  I probably missed out on all the great friends I could have had.

Anyway, moving on.  I weighed myself this morning, even though Wednesdays are my planned weigh-in days.  The scale said 150 even.  Gross.

And you'd think with all the planning I did this weekend, I'd be ready for this week.  Wrong.  I didn't do any grocery shopping or meal planning.  I have no food in the house to make salads.  And I woke up way too late this morning (had only 15 minutes to get ready) to make a breakfast shake.  But I'm still being conscious of my decisions.  Had a health(ier) option out of the vending machine - cashew crunch.  It was about 300 calories.  I also had a cup of coffee.  Mind you, normally when I don't have breakfast, I get peanut butter and cheese filled crackers (you know those orange ones?) that come out to be almost 500 calories, plus a Mountain Dew.  So this is much better than what I've done.

                     YES                                                                                               NO
















I'm also planning on heading over to the local deli for lunch to get a fresh salad.  Even though I didn't plan for my "Salad of the Week," I still need to stick with the salad for lunch thing, and have a back-up plan.  So, so far so good.  I'm happy with the decisions I've made so far.

And obviously since I only had 15 minutes to get ready, I couldn't get my butt out of bed to workout this morning.  I do plan on going to the YMCA tonight, though.  Not for my planned workout, but I have a schedule I can look at to see what classes I can go to as a back-up plan.  So tonight instead of BodyStep and BodyPump at a location further away, I'll be doing TurboKick at a location that's only a couple miles away.  We'll see if I have time to do a workout at home (the one that I missed this morning) too.  If not, no big deal.  At least I'm making an effort.  And you always need a back-up plan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment