Monday, December 3, 2012

Paleo and the Gym

Day 1 of Operation: Eat Clean has begun!  So far so good, and today is my Paleo day.  How am I faring so far?  I actually like it.  I've set alarms on my phone to go off at each time I indicated in my last post for meals and for water breaks.  Here are the meals I've planned for the day.

Meal 1: French Toast Breakfast Scramble 
Meal 2: Frozen Blueberries and Strawberries in Coconut Milk
Meal 3: Ham wrapped around Diced Avocado, Cucumbers, Garlic Green Olives, Celery w/ PB & Raisins
Meal 4: 2 Mandarins
Meal 5: Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Bake

I spent a TON of time on the Everyday Paleo website over the weekend drooling over all the recipes.  Seeing all those yummy recipes actually made me excited about eating Paleo 3 times/week.  I especially loved her lunch ideas for kids....because I am a kid at heart.  My lunch today (and lunches for the rest of the week, ha!) was inspired by her lunch ideas for kids!

------------------------------------------

So I quit my gym........and joined a new one!  The YMCA was just getting to be too expensive.  It's surprising how expensive it is, seeing as there are other, nicer gyms in the area that cost $20 less per month.  Which is the gym I joined....LA Fitness.  I had actually joined LA Fitness a while back, but quit because there were no classes that fit my schedule.  Well, now that I get off work earlier (4:30), there are classes I can go to (and that I like) every day!  Score!  Plus with my insurance discount, if I go 8 times per month, I get $20 off.  That would bring my membership cost down to $19.95 per month!!  That's crazy!  Definitely motivation to go every day.

My gym bag is packed and sitting in my car waiting for me to go to my first class tonight.  First class up: Step Plus Abs.  I'm hoping I get there early enough to be able to do a C25K workout.  I'm thinking, though, since it's my first time there (I signed up online), I'll have to take a picture and sign some stuff.  But we'll see how much time I have.  If not today, then I'll certainly have enough time the rest of the week to do C25K before classes.

Yippee!  Excited!

I'll check back in later if I get a chance.

---------------------------------------

Questions for the day:

Do you have a membership at a gym?  Which one?  What factors help you choose a gym?

Anyone tried the Paleo lifestyle?  How do you like it?  Where do you get your recipes?

3 comments:

  1. I am really considering paleo. a couple years ago i cut out processed stuff (for the most part). I just feel like I would die without cheese!! hahaha horrible i know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I would miss my dairy and pasta. That's why i'm only doing it 3 days a week. I think I would end up killing someone if I couldn't have my pasta and bread!! ;-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete