Tuesday, December 4, 2012

On to Day 2

Yesterday was a success.  I went the WHOLE day with no grains, and no dairy.  I almost gave in a couple times to some string cheese when I came home from my workout.  I was hungry.  Instead I stuck a spoon in the peanut butter jar, and then in to the strawberry preserves jar.   :)    Yum.  That hit the spot, and I was set until dinner was ready.

I made the Everyday Paleo Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Bake.

(Pic from Everyday Paleo)

It was delicious!  I had that with some green beans sauteed in some olive oil, salt, and pepper.  I also had 1/4 of an avocado - a good combination with that chicken.  

--------------

My workout yesterday was good.  It's not as high intensity as BodyStep (the class I went to at the YMCA), but it was more of an endurance workout.  That part of it was pretty tough.  It also took a little time to get some of the moves down.  But it was fun, and I look forward to doing it again!  Tonight is BodyWorks Plus Abs, which is a weight workout class.  Excited to see how that one goes.

As far as doing C25K before the class - I did have enough time, but the treadmills were full.  I did not have that problem at the YMCA, so that really sucks.  I had to wait for a treadmill for about 5 minutes.  Then when I got on it, you're only allowed to stay on it for 20 minutes if there's a line of people waiting.  Which of course there was.  So I couldn't finish the entire workout.    :(    Bummer.  I'm sure I could have cheated and stayed on longer, but I started feeling guilty.  I may have to come up with a plan when I need to start training for my 5K.................yep, I said it.  I've decided to do a 5K.  Probably a St. Patrick's Day 5K.  There will be more details in the coming weeks.

---------------

All in all, it was a successful first day.  I have to admit, I was completely pooped by the time bedtime rolled around.  And I had a bit of a headache (probably from the lack of grains).  But I know that stuff is to be expected when first starting out on a new program.  

Today, though, I CAN eat grains!    :D    Started off my day with some PB&J Oatmeal with Coconut Milk.  Soooo good.  I don't have any grains on the menu for lunch, but I plan on having a little for dinner.  I'll have some pasta (a small portion) with leftover chicken from last night.  I might as well share my menu plan for the day.....

Meal 1: PB&J Oatmeal w/ Coconut Milk
Meal 2: Activia Light Vanilla Yogurt (getting that dairy in!)
Meal 3: Cucumber "Sandwiches" (cucumber slices with ham in the middle), Black Olives, Carrots, Apple Slices
Meal 4: String Cheese & Mandarin Orange
Meal 5: Leftover Chicken, Pasta....not sure what to do about a veggie yet

---------------

Questions for the day:

Anyone else experience headaches when they don't eat grains?

What was your first 5K like?  Were you dreadfully scared to commit to one like me??

Does your gym have a line for the treadmills?  If yes, what do you do?

1 comment:

  1. I totally got headaches when I first cut out grains, plus I was exhausted.

    Good for you for deciding to do a 5K! I've only done two so far and I'm ready for more.

    ReplyDelete