Thursday, December 20, 2012

Odds and Ends

I am not in the mood to work today.  There are holiday celebrations galore, treats everywhere, and it seems we get a free lunch every day - whether it be leftovers from a lunch meeting, New Hire orientation leftovers, etc. etc. etc.  We're also getting our yearly holiday hams and turkeys (yes, BOTH) today.  I'm just so distracted and ready for this 4-day weekend.  And it's not even Friday yet!!  Too bad I have a demo meeting that's supposed to last FOUR HOURS tomorrow - the day when everyone was planning on leaving early.  WTF??  The guy who scheduled it apparently doesn't celebrate Christmas (I'm not being sarcastic).  What a Scrooge.

--------------------------------

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that we had been planning to go to the Holidazzle parade in Minneapolis, but those plans got a little ruined by my crabbiness, and my boyfriend's tiredness.  We're planning on trying to go tonight.  It's really cold, though, so we'll see.  I really want to go!!
---------------------------------

And so it begins.  This is the first page of my journal that I'm keeping.  I've got breakfast, snack, and lunch on there so far, with little summaries of how I was feeling.  This is a process, and I'm sure my "summaries" will evolve over time as I get the hang of this.

And on a related note?  I checked the nutrition info on the Jimmy John's site for their sandwiches (what I had for lunch) - they have a TON of sodium.  Wow.  Like more than 1,000 mg.  I think this could be a reason I was so high on a couple of my weigh-ins in the past - from having JJ's for lunch the day before.

It wasn't exactly the healthiest lunch, but I did have whole grain instead of the white bread.  I also skipped the cheese and added more veggies.  It was a good sandwich, but next time I'm going to stick with a splurge, because I prefer the French bread.    :)    BUT....there are healthier and cheaper options, like bringing my own lunch.  This certainly would be a bad habit to start, even with the healthier substitutions.  And BRING ON THE WATER!

------------------------------------

I'm sure a ton of you have heard of DietBet.


Well, I joined a bet!  It was a $25 bet, and the pot is currently at $1175!!  For those of you who suck at math, that means 47 people are currently in on the bet.  The bet starts right after Christmas - December 26 - and I'll be weighing in on Monday, the 24th.  If you have been living under a rock haven't heard of it, it's basically a site where you can join different groups.  Everyone bets the "bet amount."  It gets put in the pot, and if you lose 4% of your weight by the end of the 4 week challenge, you split the pot with any others who won!!  I'm really excited and hoping this will keep me even more accountable.  I really don't want to lose that $25 to some stranger I've never even met!!!!

This is the perfect way to kick off my Operation: Butterfly / Operation: Red Bikini!  2013 is looking like MY year!

No comments:

Post a Comment