Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend Recap

Good morning everyone.  Back to work today.  The commute took extra long today (and had to get up real early), so I'm in need of some coffee.  More on that in a second...

So I had a pretty event-filled weekend.  For me, anyway.  Friday night I went to volleyball with the boyfriend.  We were there until about 11:00, got home at 11:30, and I cooked something quick (leftover shrimp and rice for him...I didn't eat anything.  I wasn't hungry).  Then I went to bed as early as I could, but it wasn't early enough....I think we finally got to bed around 12:30 or 1:00.

Saturday was our holiday movie party for work.  We rent out a local movie theater, and show movies, along with having Santa and Mrs. Claus there.  About 1200 RSVP'd, but I don't think that many showed up.  It was a good time.  I decided to see Life of Pi - it was a very good movie, and I was on the edge of my seat for quite a bit of the movie.  I recommend it, definitely.

Saturday was also my dad's birthday, so I went out to my parents' house for a few hours.  It's always good to see them....I love going home.  And my mom decorated this year (she hasn't the last few years, just because she's been busy).  Love how it looks when it's decorated!!

I couldn't stay too late, because we were under a winter storm warning.  I figured the weather man was wrong again, because it still wasn't snowing by the time I left.  Um, I was wrong, because on Sunday, we woke up to this....


We got about a foot of snow overnight!!  Yay for a white Christmas!!  Last year, we had a brown Christmas, and Christmas just wasn't the same.  Yes, it's cold in the winter, but I can't imagine living anywhere else.  There's nothing else like snow.

But that also meant the commute this morning was not good.  The plows didn't do too great of a job plowing, and the roads were still pretty bad.  I was driving about 40 mph in a 55 mph zone the whole ride.  

That's it for now.  Nothing diet-related.  That'll be another post!  Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment