Friday, November 30, 2012

Eating Clean and Paleo

Wow.  Some people are just rude.  That's all I have to say about that.  This isn't someone who has commented here before of course.  I'm not even sure if she's ever visited my site.  But I made a comment on one of her posts to help lift her spirits, and was basically shot down for it.  Needless to say I've deleted her off my list of blogs I visit every day.    :)     No need to surround myself with negative energy.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to bigger and better things.  I mentioned a couple days ago that I plan on making some huge changes to my diet.  Yes, I've been tracking, and eating less than I was before.  But it hasn't been enough.  Because I'm still where I started in August (and have actually gained a couple pounds).  Looking back on my meals, the weeks I saw a loss on the scale were the weeks that I had eaten a little cleaner than normal.

I have Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet book.  I never really got in to that, because I just found the food really tasteless and boring (who wants to eat chicken breasts and broccoli at every meal?  Seriously, that's all I thought I could eat).  However, since then, I've found more blogs with tons of clean eating recipes that look absolutely delicious.  I have also kind of looked in to the "Paleo" lifestyle.  Now, I love my carbs.  But we all know that too much of something can be bad for you.  I think Paleo would be a good thing for me.  However, I'm not going to be as strict with it.

It's time for Operation: Eat Clean.  I'm basically going to combine eating clean with Paleo (which is pretty much the same thing, but I'm making a few tweaks).  Here are the rules of the plan.

Eat Clean

  • Eat 5 meals per day.  I'm going to shoot for 1300 calories, which means each meal will be about 260 calories.
  • Eat breakfast every day.
  • Eat a combination of lean proteins and complex carbs at every meal.
  • Eat 2-3 servings of healthy fat each day.
  • Drink at least 1 liter of water every day (this is my starting goal - I drink absolutely no water right now)
  • Proper portion sizes (time to bring out the measuring spoons/cups)
  • No Alcohol (Yes, I did just say that)


Eat Paleo (lots of tweaks here - I'll be following these guidelines 3 days each week)

  • No processed foods (including coffee, sweetener, pre-packaged food, etc)
  • No grains
  • No legumes
  • No dairy
  • No potatoes
  • What can I eat these 3 days???  -meat, fish, eggs, lots of veggies, some fruit, and plenty of good fats.
So there you have it.  It's basically eating clean, with 3 days each week of Paleo.  Because let's face it, I can't go without my carbs.  

What 3 days will I be eating Paleo?  I'm going for Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.  Saturday may be the hardest, but I need to do this because I tend to binge on the weekends.  

Any treat days/meals?  I'll allow myself two treat MEALS each week (not treat days).  The treat meals will need to be on NON Paleo days.

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions/tweaks.  But this is the plan for now.

Now let's get rid of this weight once and for all!!!!!!!!!

***Edited to add (this post is getting really long):  I've made up a couple schedules too.  My eating schedule (because this girl mentioned having an eating schedule helped her), and a "water break" schedule (I'll take a few breaks throughout the day to go to the water cooler and drink a cup of water - also a good excuse to get up off my butt!!).

Eating Schedule
8:15 AM
10:45 AM
1:00 PM
4:15 PM
7:30/8:00 PM

Water Break Schedule
9:30 AM
12:15 PM
3:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you! I'm looking forward to hearing about how this works out for you. I'm terrible with schedules, but it makes so much sense.

    ReplyDelete