Thursday, November 29, 2012

Another Link-Up

I wasn't going to participate in this linkup, because I can't really think of any celebrity that I've met in person. But then I thought....wait!!  I have some pretty nifty stories, and I bet NO one could top them!  Ha.


So, story #1.  Does anyone remember the movie Jingle all the Way?  With good old Arnold Schwarz.....(I don't know how to spell his last name)?  Yep, I met someone who was in that movie.  My Grandma had recently passed away, so my Grandpa was selling the house so he could come closer to the cities near the rest of the family.  Little did I know, a MOVIE STAR would be moving in to my Grandpa's house.  The lady on Jingle all the Way.
Oh, wow Heather....Rita Wilson?!?!?!?!?

............

Uh, not so much.  Her name was Sandy Thomas, and I believe her character's name was "Mother in the Neighborhood."  Funny thing is, when I watched the movie, I never remember seeing her.  And when I told my friends at Girl Scouts, I lied and said that it was in fact Rita Wilson.  Hey, it's not really a lie when you weren't 100% sure, right?  And I didn't even know who Rita was at the time....I just called her "Arnold's wife."    :)        I think my mom still has the piece of paper with Sandy's autograph sitting in a box in the basement.  Could be worth lots of CASH some day!  Especially since she is so popular and I can't find an image of her on Google.

And on to sighting #2.  This was more recent....like 4 or 5 years ago.  Gosh has it been that long already??? I was at my best friend's Bachelorette party.  We were club hopping, because we are just such party animals.  We decided to head on over to Envy (a club here in Minneapolis).  We went upstairs to get some drinks, then saw a bunch of girls flocking around some person in the VIP area.  He was REALLY short, and I couldn't tell who he was.  But then one of my friends squealed out his name....
It was PRINCE!  :O     We were so dumbfounded, we just stood there, not doing anything.  Then his big buff bodyguards came and ushered him away and out the club.  Lame.  But yes, he lives here in Minnesota, so there are lots of Prince sightings.  That was my Prince cherry-popping moment.

What is YOUR celeb sighting story???

1 comment: