Monday, November 26, 2012

FitBit

Happy Monday all!  I'm not going to do a Thanksgiving recap, just because I'm bored of reading everyone's recaps.  All I will say is...mine was great.    :)

So last week I purchased this nifty little device....
In pink, of course.  Because I love everything pink.  I had actually purchased the BodyMedia Fit a few years ago.  I think it was a great device, but it was annoyingly big and bulky.  I only wore it once for a whole day because I got soooo many questions from people asking me what it is.  And I don't know about you, but I'd rather not put it out there to strangers that it's a device to help me lose weight.  

The FitBit?  It clips nicely on my bra, never to be seen by anyone.  I got the Zip, so it doesn't track my sleep like the regular one, but that's okay.  I don't need it to track my sleep.  I'm also excited that I don't have to pay a monthly premium to use the tools on the web site (with BodyMedia Fit, I do).  It's also wireless, so I don't need to plug it in to my computer to sync the information.  It also syncs with LoseIt!!  That is a GREAT benefit.  I decided to try the "hard" setting, and aim for a 1,000 calorie deficit each day.  Which means if I want to eat 1400-1500 calories a day, I'd better get moving!!!  

I wore it over Thanksgiving weekend, but didn't really track my food.  So this week will be my first official week with this plan.  

Oh, and Weight Watchers?  Didn't last very long, I know.  It's just too inconvenient for me.  I know a lot of people have had awesome success with Weight Watchers, but I'm just not one of them.  Wish I was.  But that's okay.  I'm real excited about this FitBit!!  I'll keep ya posted with how it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment