Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Linkup


No vlog for me - I'm not that tech savvy.   ;)    Haha, actually I am, I'm just lazy, and I despise myself on camera.  I seriously think I look like a nerd.  But anyway....here are my answers to the linkup questions!

1. What do you look forward to more: the food, football, or parades?
Well, if the Vikings were playing, I'd be in to the football.  But they're not, and I really don't give a hoot about any other NFL team (because I'm not that into football in the first place).  Um, never have seen a Thanksgiving Day parade in my life.  Maybe that will change some day.  So I guess by process of elimination (and my love for all things food), I'd have to say I look forward to the food.    :)    Especially the leftovers my mom lets me have.   :D

2. What's your favorite non-traditional Thanksgiving Day dish?
We don't really do non-traditional in my family.  We've got all the traditional goodies.  If you asked me my favorite traditional dish, I'd say the buns.  Appetizer?  I love my mom's Taco Dip - my brother and I fight over who gets the leftovers at every holiday.    :)

3. After dinner, is it football or a nap?
See #1 above.  And we don't really nap - we just visit, with the TV on in the background.  Guys watch football downstairs, girls watch a chick flick upstairs.

4. Do you watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Which is your favorite float?
Don't watch it.  I've watched bits and pieces in the past, but not enough to know my favorite float.  I know, I'm such a Scrooge.    ;)

5. Where do you go to celebrate and eat your big meal?  Who is there (family, friends)?
I go to my parents' house where I grew up.  It's about a 30 minute drive, so not too far.  My brother and his family are there, my Grandpa, and usually the boyfriend of the moment.  Ha.  Not a big get-together.  Christmas is the big one.

6. What is your favorite Turkey Day dessert?
Mmmm...French Silk Pie.  All you chocolate fans out there KNOW how awesome that stuff is!!  I never used to be a fan of Pecan Pie, but it's actually started to grow on me.  Last year I had it with coffee and it certainly hit the spot.  Not a big fan of Pumpkin Pie (I know...the shock! The horror!!).

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Holly and me! Mmm, French Silk Pie!!! Happy Tgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting...I love the linkups you girls do!

      Delete
  2. You had me at Taco Dip. :)

    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete