Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Crud

Yeah, of course.  Leave it up to me to get sick when I finally start getting motivated and working out.  Yesterday afternoon I started feeling the tell-tale signs of a cold coming on - my throat hurt like nothing else. I still worked out at the Y, but it was probably one of my worst workouts yet.  The class is an hour, and after 40 minutes, I left.  My body couldn't handle any more.  So I went down to the hot tub to soak a bit.

I went home and felt okay, but pretty tired.  So I took some Nyquil and went to sleep.  This morning was horrible.  My throat was killing me, and now I'm soooo flippin' tired and groggy I can't concentrate on anything.  All I want to do is curl up in bed.

I won't let it derail me.  I don't think I'm going to exercise today, but I will make sure I don't go over my calories.

Ugh.  It seems this always happens.  Every time I get serious about working out, I get sick.  I have NO idea why.  I hope this goes away soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment