Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bye Bye Jillian

I've mentioned good old Jillian (Michaels) in a few posts already.  I've shared that I don't like her workout videos so much, and I've mentioned that I'd be doing this 31 Days of Jillian challenge.  I thought I'd give her another chance.  I did her 30DS workout a couple times last week, and once this week.

This week is when it all changed.  I decided to put on my BodyMedia Fit armband to see how many calories I'm actually burning.  To me, I was sweating a bit, but my heart rate was only mildly high during small parts of the workout.  The armband did me in....I only burned 151 calories.  Granted, that's a lot for 20 minutes.  But it's not enough for me.  I want to sweat, and I want to feel the pain.  30DS is hard, don't get me wrong.  But it's only hard for a minute at a time.  And I want to be able to eat more.  There.  I said it.

So I'm saying bye, bye Jillian.  And....


Hello, Jari Love!  I've had a couple of her workouts (Get Ripped 1000, and Get Ripped to the Core) for a few years now.  I've done both of them several times.  And in the past, even doing them for a couple weeks gave me some good results.  I loved the feeling I had after doing them too.  I was sweaty.  I was tired, and I was not bored (something Jillian doesn't do for me...her workouts are boring to me).


I'll be rotating Jari with some good old Cathe Friedrich (love her, and this workout!).  This should get me some results.  I'm doing Get Ripped 1000 for the first time (in years) tonight.  Oh gosh....wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment