Monday, October 29, 2012

I'm Back

Okay, so that was the shortest blog hiatus I've ever seen.  But things are already calming down a bit, and a visit with my bestie on Saturday, have both given me a little fresh air.

So Saturday I went to Crave with my best friend ever.  I hadn't seen her in about a month (she has a new baby, so her life is pretty hectic).  And, wow!  She looked great!  It seriously looked like she lost about 15 pounds!!  And no, it's not just "baby" weight she lost by breast feeding - her baby is more than a year old now.  Apparently she's been going to this new place called Orange Theory Fitness.  She's been going there twice a week, and working out at home twice a week.  It definitely gave me the fuel and motivation to rock it out and get moving.  If she can lose weight after having a baby, there's no reason I can't!!  So it's time to step it up!



I'm going to check out Orange Theory Fitness (I'll be going to a different location).  There's a free pass for one workout that I can use.  It's basically like a boot camp, and they use intervals and train on treadmills, TRX Suspension Systems, free weights, and rowing machines.  I'm hoping I can maybe use it this week or next, and ask what the cost is and go from there.  The workouts would probably be twice a week (as in, I'm sure that's all I'll be able to afford).  I'm still going to keep my YMCA membership.  I get a discount through my health insurance there, and I like the hot tubs and perks that I get at the Y - not quite ready to give that up!

I also went to GNC yesterday and got their new VitaPak - the Women's Ultra Mega Active VitaPak.  Here's a quick description from their web site.


VITAPAK® PROGRAM FOR ACTIVE WOMEN
Clinically studied multivitamin with 2,000 IU of vitamin D-3
Increases energy and calorie burning*
Fuels fatty acid metabolism with carnitine and CLA*
Cushions joints with vitamin C, collagen and HA

There's 7 pills in each pack (you take all pills each day).  There are 2 multi-vitamins, 2 energy enhancers, 1 CLA, 1 L-Carnitine, and 1 Calcium pill.  This morning after I worked out, I took 1 multi, 1 energy enhancer, and the L-Carnitine.  Then right before lunch I'll take the other multi, the other energy enhancer, and the CLA.  And right before bed will be the calcium (I saw this recommendation in the reviews - there's no way I could choke down all 7 pills this morning).  
I have to say, the energy enhancer is working!  I'm not drinking coffee with these pills, as I'm sure the extra caffeine will be too much.  And I don't need the coffee.  I have a lot of energy, and don't feel so sluggish - which is great for work!  

Oh, and another update - I haven't added ANY minutes of exercise since my last addition to the thermometer.  Bad, I know.  But after this morning (I did C25K - in the morning - at the gym!), I can add another 30 minutes.  I'm probably not even going to hit 50% of my goal, but a new one will be made this week for November.  And I didn't earn $20 toward my goal for calories.  But this week is a new week!

That's it for now.  Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment