Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Jillian

***Side note before I start....sorry about all the negativity on the blog.  I try to keep this place as positive as I can, but some days I just can't do it.  I'm choosing now to forget about the past (I can't change it), and move on.  I'm not giving up.  I need to lose this weight - this is even more evident now after seeing my "before" pictures I took this morning (keep reading).  Now let's move on to my regularly scheduled blogging!

31 Days of Jillian.  Well, technically it will be 30 days....I'm a little late to the party.  They're doing a little challenge through this site, and I thought I'd join.  I know I said in a previous post that I wasn't too fond of Jillian.  But I'm giving her another chance.  And look....I already did 30 Day Shred, Level 1 this morning!!  My first morning workout!  



I can't say it didn't go off without a hitch though.  I went in to the gym at my apartment to use the TV/DVD player.  And there was no remote.  I couldn't get out of the menu.  I tried pressing "play," but it only brought me to the "instruction" screen, and then I couldn't get out.  Sigh.  That really made me angry.  I don't want to have to work out in my living room, but I guess I'll have to.  So I marched myself back to my apartment and put the DVD in to my XBox player.  

A couple things....I really need to wear 2 (or 3) sports bras.  Those jumping jacks and butt kicks were hurting the girls like something fierce.  I had to actually put my hands over those puppies to hold them down. My purple sports bra is not cutting it.  So 3 (or 10) sports bras it is.  Another thing is I really hate that you can't fast forward through Jillian talking at the beginning before you get to the menu.  Really Jillian?  Yes it's good to listen to your advice and listen to you talk about how great you are maybe the first time....but every time we do the DVD?  That's a little much.  But other than those things, I actually liked the DVD.  It's a good morning workout....short and sweaty.  Just how I like it.

Along with Jillian for the next 30 days, I'll be doing Couch to 5K in the afternoon after work.  And I'll be doing it 5 days, Mama Laughlin-style, rather than 3 days.  

And now on to what you've all been waiting for....my before pictures.  Can I just say....ew.  I did not realize I looked this bad.  I sure can hide it well (or so I think) under my clothes.  But looking forward to see this change throughout my Jillian journey.  Didn't take measurements, because I still don't have a tape measure.  I know, I know...I'll get one, don't worry!  So, here you go......*hides behind the couch*

2 comments:

  1. love this! Taking before pics helps! Though i havent been brave enough! haha but a friend of mine took some and actually put them on herbathroom mirror so she was forced to see them daily. she said it reaaaaally helped (she had 50 lbs to lose, and only 20 left!)
    as far as sports bras, girl i have alllways struggled witht hat. i stay away from the "all elastic" type, those seem to have too much give in my opinion, with some i actually wear a regular bra underneath and then a sports rba over the top. it helps a ton. I have a few regular bras that i have designated strictly to working out (cuz they get sort of stretched out after a while, i typically use old bras for this) but i also did a blog post a while back about some sports bras ive found that i LOVE and really the only ones i can wear without having to wear a regular bra too or anything else, just one sports bra (yay! it makes me feel normal!) here is the link if your interested...http://andreaoutloud.com/2011/12/01/the-sports-bra-i-love/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I always wear a regular bra under my sports bras (at least when I go to the gym). How annoying and gross, lol! But it helps a little. Thanks for the link - that actually looks like a really good bra. I plan on shelling out my cash when I get paid on Friday and getting one!! :) And I completely agree with you in your post, about not wanting them to be pushed downward...that purple sports bra does just that, and I hate it!

      Delete