Thursday, October 11, 2012

To Eat or Not to Eat

Well I did the Get Ripped 1000 DVD last night....I burned almost 300 calories.  Not bad, but certainly not the 1000 she advertises in the title.  Not even half of that!  Granted, I did a lot of the cardio modifications, and took a couple rests (*cough*70 push-ups*cough*), so that could be a reason my calories burned was a tiny bit low.  And boy did I sweat like a disgusting man!

I really enjoyed it.  The hour went by fast!  Tonight I plan on doing Cathe's Low Impact Circuit - probably one of the cardio premixes.  I'm looking forward to that one - I love the music.

I'd really like to be able to workout 2 times a day....that will really up my calorie burn.  But I went to the apartment gym last night just to see if the treadmills were working.  Nope.  Grrrr....I'm paying money for this place, which I chose because of their gym, and I've barely been able to use it!!  I'm starting to not like this place.


I spent some time yesterday researching the idea of eating back your exercise calories.  So many different viewpoints on it....no wonder it's so confusing for us common folk!  I did all that research, and I still don't know if I should eat back my exercise calories.  I guess just listen to my body?  But a lot of times my body tells me - "You're stressed/bored/tired - FEED ME!"  So that may not be a good idea for me right now.    :-\

I'm pretty tired today.  The boyfriend is working a second job and didn't get home until about 11:30 last night.  Then he took a shower, ate, and all that jazz....we didn't end up going to bed until about 12:30.  Then he began hitting the snooze button at about 6:00.  Sigh.  I was so tired and just wanted to sleep!  But I know he's really tired too, so I didn't yell at him.  Poor guy has to work again tonight after his first job....same for tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. as far as the eating back calories goes... i hit a plateau and my trainer upped my calorie intake so that iw as actually eating back all my excerise calories and THEN some and it really helped. my body was holding onto what it had because i wasnt eating enough and being so active.

    ReplyDelete