Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's Going to Get Serious Up In Here

Okay, so here's the deal.  I know I keep changing things up around here (at least as far as exercise plans go), but I really need to find what works for me.  So far, I haven't found that yet.  Maybe I'll find it with this plan, maybe I won't.  Maybe it'll be a long time before I figure that out.  But I've got to keep trying.  So here it goes.

I've printed out one of those weight loss thermometer things (found at Dotti's Weight Loss Zone....Google it). And instead of tracking my weight, I'm tracking my exercise minutes.  For the remainder of October, I'm going to aim to get 600 minutes of exercise in.  Every minute counts, and I'll slowly fill in the thermometer until I hit my goal.  If I hit 50% of my goal by the end of October, I get to purchase a new book on my Nook.  If I hit 75% of my goal, I get new tennis shoes.  And 100%?  I'm letting myself take a 1/2 day of vacation.  This is what it looks like....


Boy do I want that 1/2 day.

I'm going to start going to the gym in the mornings.  My reward for making it to the gym each day will be to sit and relax in the hot tub after my workout.  What a great way to start a work day!  I've been wanting to sit in the hot tub for so long, but haven't done it (because I haven't been to the gym, ha).  The morning workouts will consist of C25K.  That's it.  I can do that.  Then after work I'll be going to the gym (again!) on the days my boyfriend works in the afternoon (which is most days, and I don't want to workout when he's home because I never get to see him anymore).  I'll be going to BodyStep classes.  There's one I can make it to every day, Monday-Thursday.

I've also joined a weight loss challenge through Mama Laughlin's Fit Camp!  We've already given our starting weights (of course the week of my period), and the group that loses the most (% I think), will win some cool stuff!  Head on over to Fitness Unscripted to check it out (although, the challenge is closed to new people now).  I'm on a team with a great group of girls, and everyone seems so friendly and motivated.  I certainly don't want to let my team down.

So it's time to get serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment