Friday, October 19, 2012

Calorie Budget Goal

Happy Friday!  So glad it's Friday...this has been a busy week.  I'm hoping next week isn't so busy, and I can spend more time on my blog.

So the other day I posted by "thermometer" that I'm using to track my exercise minutes.  If I hit 50% of 600 minutes between now and the end of October, I get to purchase a new book on my Nook.  75%, and I get to purchase new workout shoes.  100%, and I'll allow myself a 1/2 day vacation.

I'm taking a similar approach with my calories.  We all know I struggle (hard core) with my eating.  It seems I'm going over-budget about 95% of the time.  That's not good when I'm trying to lose weight, because we all know that losing weight is 90% diet, and 10% exercise.  So to help me stay on track with my eating, I came up with a kind of similar reward system that I have for my exercise.  In a day at work, I make about $160 (I rounded down to make it an even number).  So this is the plan.  For every week that I stay at or below my calorie budget (ie, I don't go over - this will come from my weekly LoseIt report), I'm going to put $20 in a jar.  Once I hit $160 (8 weeks' worth of $20), I'm taking a vacation day, and I'll use that $160 to go shopping or do whatever I wish with that $160!  I know, I'm such a genius.    :)

This is starting to get me excited about this whole thing again!  I can't wait to see what this brings.  Hope you all have a great weekend.....I'm going to the Vikings game on Sunday!  Skol Vikings!

1 comment:

  1. I love that!
    my new goal is basically just to work on it so that my thighs dont rub together anymore :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete