Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday

I was a little nervous about today's weigh-in, which isn't any different from other weeks.  Last Wednesday I had gained two pounds, but then when I stepped on the scale on Thursday morning, I weighed 157.2, which would have technically been a loss from the week prior (157.4).  So I took that weight.  And what about this week?



Well, shucks.  The exact same.  I was hoping I'd weigh less, because when I weighed myself this weekend, I was at 156.  But I gotta take today's weight.  I guess it's to be expected, seeing how I ate/drank this weekend like there was no tomorrow (I had 3 Long Islands on Saturday night!!).  Weekends are a toughie for me, as with everyone else.  I'll need to make changes soon, but right now, with all the other changes I'm making, I just need to focus on those changes right now.  Improving my weekends will come soon enough!   :)

Yesterday was Week 2, Day 1 of Couch to 5K.  I decided to do it around the track, rather than on the treadmills, because at the location I went last night, there are no treadmills by the windows like in the other location.  I'd rather not stare at a wall when I'm running.   :)    Yes, the treadmills are literally right up against a wall...WTF?  The track was fine, except...

Dear Lovebirds:  If you want to walk hand-in-hand, please don't walk around the track where other people are trying to run.  Every time I passed you, I dreaded it.  The track isn't very wide, and I had to try to squeeze between you two and the wall each and every time.  A couple times I had to actually stop running.  As Stephanie Tanner would say....how rude!


That picture just made my day.  Oh how I miss that show.

Anyway, the workout was pretty good.  It was a little difficult at times, and my calves were cramping a little bit, but I made it through the entire workout.  Then I headed to BodyPump.  It was a good workout, but the weights I used were a little too light.  I'll need to remember that for next time.  After the workout, I stopped my HR monitor - I burned 773 calories!  Woo-hoo!  I think that's the most calories I've burned in a workout session.  I think it was also the longest workout - 102 minutes.  I rocked it yesterday!

That's all I have for today....make it a great one!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job! I need to try BodyPump sometime, I go to the Y but never make it to that class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Heather!!! And who puts treadmills up against a wall??? That's torture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. staying the same is better then a gain!! :)
    I have 1.1lbs to lose before 9am tomorrow for weigh-in and i just ate subway fro lunch! woops!!
    what kind of HRM do you have? I am thinking about asking for one for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need to get back on the horse with exercise next week. Too much going on recently, but I need to stop making excuses and do what I can when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked it. That's a great burn! I could use a Long Island about right now! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I love the full house pic too! Gave me a good laugh lol

    ReplyDelete