Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Night Eating

The truth?  I wasn't going to write this post.  I was all ready to tell everyone that I "forgot" about Weigh-In Wednesday, and "Oh well, I'll update you next week."  Nope.  That's not helpful to me at all.


The truth is, I gained weight.  Like 2 pounds.  I do know that this past weekend was NOT a good weekend, eating-wise.  I also know that I have been doing things half-ass (per the usual, for me).  But, I also know that Aunt Flo is here this week, and I ate Jimmy John's yesterday (lots of sodium).  I'm not making excuses.  I'm just laying it all out there.  It is what it is, and I can't let it stop me.

On a more positive note, I forgot to update everyone on how the classes went on Monday!  My abs are STILL hurting from the 25 minute abs class.  It seemed so easy at the time, but all those planks are killing me now.  I can't even laugh without hurting.  And the Turbo Step class was awesome.  I don't need to worry about it being "too easy," as I mentioned in my post on Monday.  It was definitely tough.  It was a little repetitive, but I'm not complaining.  It was more dancey, and I LOVE those types of Step classes.  Looking forward to doing it again tonight (different instructor)!

----

Now I need to talk to you guys about the problem I've been having as of late: night time eating.  I don't know why I'm having issues with this all of a sudden.  It's NOT because I'm not eating enough during the day.  Lord KNOWS I am eating plenty.  But I think I'm just bored.  And getting out the stress of the work day.  This has never been a problem for me, but for some reason it has popped up recently.


Now, I have to say....chewing gum won't help me.  I've tried eating pickles, but those are full of sodium, and not conducive to my weigh-ins (see above).  I'm looking forward to the day I can head outside for a walk or something at night, but right now, after the latest snow storm that hit us this week, that's not an option for me.  I just don't know what to do to keep myself busy.

I've tried keeping myself busy in the kitchen, and catching up on my fav shows on Hulu (I put my laptop on the counter).  But then, well....I'm in the kitchen.  And I find things to eat.

I've tried keeping myself busy with cleaning, but I got burnt out.  Some nights I just want to relax, ya know?  And I still go to the kitchen to grab something while I'm cleaning.  Pop being the number 1 thing I reach for (I have to keep this in the house for the boyfriend).

I've tried brushing my teeth.  Nope, don't care that my teeth are clean.  I still dive right in to the peanut butter jar.

Sigh.  So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

----


Can I just say.....I am REALLY looking forward to daylight savings time this weekend.  Longer days, more sunshine, and warmer weather makes me a lot happier!  Hopefully it'll help me get out of this Debbie Downer thing.

See ya tomorrow, and make it a great one!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about all of the above!! Bleh. Night time eating has always been a problem of mine, mostly bc I had to eat some sort of sugary goodness as a child to keep my blood sugars from crashing. Needless to say, I have yet to bash this habit and I really wish I could! I've even tried healthy things like fruits and veggies. But eating the whole bag if sugar snap peas kind of defeats the purpose, no?! If you find a solution let me know ASAP!

    ReplyDelete