Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Last Day of Week 3

I wasn't going to post today, but then I remembered that I need to recap my workout yesterday.  Since I didn't run at all this weekend (like I was supposed to), I did W3D3 yesterday.  And it was tough.

My knees hurt really bad.  I know it's probably normal for your knees to hurt when you begin running, but should they really hurt this bad?  I couldn't make it through my first 3 minute run yesterday because it hurt.  They started to improve a bit once I got about halfway through the workout, and I was able to run the whole 3 minutes the second time around.  I do believe I could have run the whole allotted amount of time I was supposed to run had I not been so sore.

But I digress.  And today's workout is looking a little intimidating and scary.  Week 4 begins today, and this is what it looks like...

5-minute warm-up
Jog for 3 minutes
Walk for 90 seconds
Jog for 5 (!!!) minutes
Walk for 2.5 minutes
Jog for 3 minutes
Walk for 90 seconds
Jog for 5 (!!!!!!!!!) minutes

Um....yeah.  Let's just say I've packed my Advil in my gym bag and will be taking at least 3 before I go to the gym.  I have BodyPump after my run too - we'll see if I feel up to it.

Wish me luck - I'll need it!

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up you can do this... My knees hurt so bad now that Im running consistently I have heard it goes away though so we shall see.

    ReplyDelete