Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday and The Weekend

Morning friends.  This day is starting off on the wrong foot for a few reasons.

1.  It's Monday.


2.  I was lazy last night and didn't take the time to pack my lunch and my workout stuff.  I did put everything together this morning, but that meant I was running late for work.  And I ended up having this for breakfast, because I wasn't in the mood for my egg muffins...

All 440 calories of this.  Gross.

3.  And lastly, Minnesota woke up to this....

Plow, highway, roads, traffic

Sigh.  And it's only going to get worse.  Blowing snow will commence this afternoon.  Just in time for rush hour traffic.  Oh the joys of living in Minnesota.  But I won't complain, because, honestly - I'm not ready for shorts weather (because I'm not skinny yet!), and spring/summer/fall here is wonderful.

BUT.  The good news is that I DID pack my workout clothes, and I DID pack a healthy lunch and snack.  I'll be heading to Core Fit and Turbo Step after work.  I'm hoping traffic isn't too bad, because if it is, I may miss the core class at 5:00.  I may leave a few minutes early today.  Sshh!!

As for my weekend...it was pretty good.  I didn't celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  I'm not a beer drinker, and green beer just does not appeal to me at all.  Just call me a failed Irish girl (I'm 25% Irish).  Saturday night I went to a wedding, and danced for a good 6 hours.  Totally burned off all the calories I ate.  Woop woop!  Sunday I made up for that though, because I did absolutely nothing but lay in bed and watch Brothers and Sisters on Hulu on my computer.  I did go to Target and managed to spend over $150 though.  I swear I can never walk out of that store spending less than $100.  

Got me some groceries for the week.  I also got a new purse and wallet for Spring.  The purse is coral, and the wallet is mint - my two fav colors this Spring.  And because Ricky peed in my old gym bag (I know, gross), I had to buy a new one....

Reebok Slim Duffel Bag - Purple
It's the same color/style that I had.  Nice and bright, just the way I like it.    :)

I wanted to get some workout capri's (you know, those really tight ones), because I'm not liking my pants during the step classes or running.  They're a little too long, and the shorter ones are too short.  Oh the joys of being a short person with long legs.  I can never find pants that fit me right.  But I ended up not getting any because I was too lazy to try any on.  I'm sure I'll be making a Target run this week to buy some.

Oh!  And one more thing.  My goal for the weekend was to track my calories, good or bad.  And I did!  Saturday was okay, because I danced at the wedding and ended up with a deficit (had I not gone to the wedding, I definitely would have gone way over my calories).  Sunday I was over my calories by about 800.  This was really eye-opening to me.  I can see now one of the reasons why losing weight has been such a struggle.  I do great during the week, but I certainly undo a lot of that hard work on the weekends.  Time to tackle that problem.  This week will be dedicated to coming up with a plan of attack!

Make it a great one!

4 comments:

  1. Great job keeping track on your cals! It really is eye opening when you jot everything down! But how fun to dance the night away at a wedding! Sounds like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and PS, I'm not ready for Spring yet either, but we have hardly ANY snow here :(

      Delete
  2. I'm with ya on this Monday. I had a horrible start and I'm glad its almost over!
    Your new gym bag is super cute! I have to invest in a new one myself. I have a Nike one but I find it too big for the gym lockers. :( Here's to a better Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mondays always suck. It could be due to the fact that I hate my job, but maybe not. Ha! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete