Friday, March 15, 2013

Fat Girl Friday


The weekend is here, and although I'm happy about that, I'm a little nervous on the diet front.  I feel like I've done really great all week, and I don't want to mess that up this weekend.  My goal for this weekend is to track all my calories (I have yet to do this for one weekend), good or bad.  I'll report back on Monday about how I do.  

Last night I did a BodyPump class, and then W2D2 of C25K.  I'll start with BodyPump.


I persuaded my boyfriend to come with me to this class.  It was quite amusing watching him out of the corner of my eye.  It's so great how men try to be all "tough" and load up the weights, then realize they can't even get out more than 10 reps.  He was in for a rude awakening when he realized each section was 3-4 minutes long, LOL.  It was hilarious.  I probably shouldn't laugh, but it was quite the show.   :D     In all fairness, I did warn him, but he still loaded on the weights.  I think he liked it, and we'll probably be doing it together more in the future.    :)

Next up was running.  We decided to do it around the track, rather than on the treadmills, since it was peak time and we didn't want to sign up for 2 treadmills.  I have to say, I love the track at this location.  It's the largest indoor track in the Twin Cities, and the gym below had two volleyball matches going on, plus some kids' soccer training going on on the other half.  Entertainment for us.    :)    Here's a picture of it that I took off the web site (we run upstairs where the windows are, not on the main floor)....


My boyfriend kind of went at his own pace, while I did the program.  It was great, and although the workout was a little tough, I still managed to have enough energy to sprint around the curves of the track during part of the cool-down.  I had TONS of energy yesterday.  I burned about 760 calories.  I say "about" because I forgot to turn on my HR monitor.  I realized it when we were done with the squat track in BodyPump.  So I burned a few more calories, but I just put 760 in My Fitness Pal.

Normally on Fridays I have what I like to call "Fat Girl Fridays," where I eat out for lunch.  But I decided against that today.  I stopped at Trader Joe's last night and picked up a salad for today.


It's 410 calories for the entire salad (with dressing, which I plan on having) - so a little bit of a splurge, but not too much.  I did pack an orange soda for a "treat."  Balance people!!  I'd say it's much better than going to McDonald's, Jimmy John's, or Noodles and Company (my normal rotation).  

Well, I'm out of here....gotta catch up on reading some blogs.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment: