Friday, February 1, 2013

Tabata + 3-Week Measurement Results

It's finally Friday...TGIF!  Anyone else ever watch TGIF on Friday nights when it was on?  I miss those shows.  They just don't make quality TV anymore.  Now, it's all about miss Vanderpump's 100+ restaurants, hunky men falling in love with over 20 women on The Bachelor, young hopefuls competing to be the next big star on the 564364535 talent/singing shows....you get the point.  Our world is full of reality TV.  But I love it.   :)  

Anyway, on to what's really important.  I was really, really scared to do yesterday's workout...


Tabatacise.  I had never done Tabata before, and quite frankly, it scared the living daylights out of me.  The thought of going 100% for several minutes terrified me.

WHAT.  A.  WORKOUT!!  I loved it.  Yeah, it was tough.  But I pushed through it.  I had a choice between a few premixes.  I chose the easiest one, with only 2 tabatas.  It was still really tough.  The tabata workout/warm-up lasted about 7-8 minutes.  And I was dripping with sweat.  Everyone should be doing this...it is a calorie-torcher!!  Then right after that came Burn Sets Shoulders + Core workout #1.  And I made it through the ENTIRE core workout.  The first few times I did this core workout, I didn't make it through.  It was tough.  It's full of REAL sit-ups, not just the little crunches.  It's been years since I've done full sit-ups.  I'm sure I'll be feeling it later today.    :)

I didn't take a picture after the workout, because I was spent, but I burned 411 calories during that 45 minute workout!!  Awesome!

---

Now on to what really matters.  My measurements!   :)    I took measurements when I started the Xtrain program - January 10.  It's only been 3 weeks, but I want to be doing monthly updates of my measurements.  So here were my starting stats....

Right Arm: 11.5"
Left Arm: 11.25"
Chest: 43" (holy boobies!!)
Waist: 34.5"
Hips: 40.5"
Girth (lower abs): 40.5"  (oh, love handles, how I loathe thee)
Right Thigh: 24"
Left Thigh: 23.75"
Right Calf: 13.75"
Left Calf: 13.25"
Starting Weight: 151.4


And these were my measurements this morning, February 1 (3 weeks later).

Right Arm: 11.5" (no change)
Left Arm:  11.25" (no change)
Chest:  I just realized I didn't take this measurement this morning....SHOOT!!!
Waist:  33.75" (-0.75")
Girth (lower abs):  40" (-0.5")
Hips:  40" (-0.5")
Right Thigh:  23" (-1")  !!
Left Thigh:  23.75"  (no change)
Right Calf:  13.5" (-0.25")
Left Calf: 13.25" (no change)
Weight:  154.3  (+2.9 pounds....womp womp)

Sooo....I lost a total of 3 inches (I think...no idea what happened with my chest.  How could I forget that???) from my entire body.  And gained 2.9 pounds.  But I'm not too worried about that one at the moment.  I'm obviously doing something right with the loss in inches.  So I'm happy with these results...great for only 3 weeks!!

*Happy dance*

And to end this great post, I'll leave you with another GREAT thing - the My Fitness Pal summary from yesterday.   :)


P.S.  I'm putting up another post later today.  I've got some exciting things happening for February!

5 comments:

  1. YAY for some inches lost girl - Love following along on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job losing those inches! I think inches lost are even better than pounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! OJ and I used to love watching TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you on Katies blog.
    Well the workout seems sooo tough. But amazing that you made it through:)

    ReplyDelete