Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Trying

Hello all!  I know I posted on Monday, and it's only Wednesday, but I feel like I haven't posted in ages.  Why is that?  No idea.  Seriously, though, I feel like the last few days have just been crazy.  Work has been busy, even after work has been busy.

I packed up all my stuff to go to my parents' last night.  Even all of my workout equipment.  Did I work out? Nope.  The only day I've worked out this week (Saturday is the start of my "workout week") is Sunday.  Big, fat fail.  I don't even have Mardi Gras to blame.  Really, all I have to blame is my lazy self.

I was all set to work out last night.  But then I went to bring Ricky to the boyfriend's, and then when I finally got to my parents' house, I got stuck in the driveway.  Womp womp.  Their driveway is like a skating rink.  Um, ever heard of putting salt on the driveway???  Yeah, that would have helped.  Thanks Mom and Dad!   ;)     I called my brother, but he was at my nephew's wrestling tournament.  So I spent a half hour getting un-stuck.  By the time I got settled inside, it was about 8:30.

No time to cook.  I was exhausted (and crabby....which seems to be a recurring thing these days).  Luckily my boyfriend had taken food from his mom and shared a bit with me before I went to my parents' house, but I was still hungry.  So instead of cooking last night's meal (which would have been today's lunch), I ate some potato chips.  About 75% of the bag.

Seriously??

I don't know why I have been in this funk lately.  Maybe it's my period, but...you know, every girl has her period.  And I'm sure not every girl has these problems like I do.  It's like I'm a completely different person.

I'm trying real, real hard to crawl out of this mess I've made the past week and a half.  My eating is crap.  My working out has waned.  AHH!!!  And today I feel like I weigh about 5 tons.  I really need to snap out of this.  I'm going to come up with a plan.  Like today.

And I do need to end this post on a positive note, because I don't want to scare anyone away with all this negative crap.  You probably know what's coming............Garfield!  Make it a great one!

6 comments:

  1. It will get better!!!! SMILE! Sending hugs your way... I been feeling down and overwhelmed lately too maybe its in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely think it's in the air. It seems a lot of people around me are in "mopey" moods. I think we're all just really ready for Spring! :) Thanks for all the support.

      Delete
  2. This week has been crazy for me too! Don't be too hard on yourself! It is so difficult when we get out of a routine or things don't go as planned. I hope things are better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. I'm certainly feeling better today, and have started working on a plan of attack! I wanted to participate in your NSV link-up, but I haven't had any NSV's this week. Here's to next week!

      Delete
  3. Hope things get better! And don't even worry about working out, I haven't been to my gym since June! So bad, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krissie! Lol, yeah, I never went to the gym when I had a membership. Maybe a few times a month - not enough to get the discount through my employer. So figured I'd order the Xtrain system online and cancel my membership. I've certainly worked out more in the last month than I have in the last year or two!!

      Delete