Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oops

It's time for me to be honest.  That's what I have this blog for, right?  I haven't worked out this week (well, I did on Sunday).  Last night I was so angry with the boyfriend.  I got my clothes and everything on, and he was all like "What are you doing?  I need you to come with me." (There were some things I needed to help him with last night, apparently, but he didn't tell me until I had changed....lovely)

I was really annoyed.  And angry.  Angry that he had no consideration for my "me" time, and he was bewildered as to why I was angry.  Because this time is for ME.  I am starting to ENJOY my workouts.  It makes me feel good.  But it was all about him.  Grrrrrrr.

Another thing?  I've been eating like crap.  I binged yesterday.  I went to the vending machine around 3:00 and got Potato Skin chips, and Reese's.  Oh, and a Mountain Dew.  Then last night I ate some rice, potatoes, and tuna (with a Pepsi) at the boyfriend's parents' house.  Then some Reese's Puffs when I got home.  Today?  Had a donut for breakfast.  Subway for lunch (the full meal, including chips and pop).  And I just went to the vending machine AGAIN for a Whatchamacallit and a Diet Coke.  I'm over my calories by more than 400.  Even if I exercise today, I'm still going to go over if I eat dinner.

Seriously.  I'm so upset with myself.  And embarrassed.  I thought I had a handle on this.  Now, technically, I could blame it on PMS, because my period is due in the next few days.  But I can't make excuses.  I can't give myself an excuse every month to have a free-for-all for a week.

Sigh.  I feel like I've let everyone down.  Mostly myself.

But what do I plan to do after work?  Change in to my workout clothes, put on my Polar FT4, and burn some calories.  And I'm going to eat dinner, even if it means I go over my calories for the day.  Because I can't wait until tomorrow anymore.  I can't wait until Monday.  I need to keep moving.  My next meal is when I get back on the saddle (not start over).  My next workout, tonight, is when I will get back on the saddle (not start over).  I will keep going.  I won't quit.

Tomorrow will be a better day.  Tomorrow I will post all about my successful night.

7 comments:

  1. I hear ya lady! I had a bad week and sometimes you need to just not feel restricted and eat something. I figure for me, this is a lifestyle change, so while there may be minor set backs, it is all a learning experience. Sometimes I have to throw the time table out the window, have a glass of wine and realize that people who work out regularly, aren't fat. So as long as I keep lacing up those shoes and sweating it out, I'm gonna get there. Don't give up! You are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it. You're right, this is a journey. It just sucks sometimes in the moment (when you're messing up)! I'm hoping when I'm done with miss Aunt Flo's visit, this will go away!

      Delete
  2. I feel you!

    Anytime someone asks me to go out for dinner somewhere I always say yes and end up eating terribly when I do..always feels like a binge. Then I feel bad about it...sometimes the bad feeling goes away when I say it was my "cheat" meal of the week...other times it bugs me for days!

    Don't let it get you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to not let it get me down...trying to just move past it and keep going! :)

      Delete
  3. It is ok. Take a dep breath and plan your meals for tomorrow. We all go off the wagon sometimes, the key is to stop ourselves and limit how far we fall off. Tomorrow is a new day!

    I'm sorry you've had a lot going on, but you can do this :) I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have bad days dust it off and jump back on the wagon. You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete