Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Negative Nancy & A Link-Up

I had a whole post typed up, and just deleted it.  I'm quite the negative Nancy today, so figured I'd spare all of you.    :)     Instead of being negative today, I'm going to participate in Amanda's What's In a Name Link-Up.


Nope, I don't have kids like every blogger, it seems (see? negative Nancy...I can be a little bitter at times about being 27 years old and not even being married and on track to having kids yet).  So I'm going to tell you how I came up with the name for my cat, Ricky (hello, cat lady!).  I'm terrible at coming up with names.  Lord knows what the heck I'll do when it comes time to name my kids (if I ever have any...sigh).  My parents must have been the same way, because they just came up with random names for my brother (Shawn) and I.

I had been going back and forth between a few names - Garfield, because he has an orange belly and an orange nose (and you all know I love Garfield).  Tabby, just because he's a tabby cat (how original, ha!).  Those are the ones I can remember, but I know there were a few more I was bouncing around.  Then my mom told me that he looks like a raccoon, and I should name him Ricky (for Ricky Raccoon).  I liked that name, and the boyfriend is Hispanic, and thought of Ricky Martin (of course), so we decided that would be a great fit.


Love this little guy.   :)

4 comments:

  1. We all have negative Nancy days, weeks, months LOL... This is your blog and it sometimes helps to get it out. *sending lots of hugs and positivity your way*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad, I don't have kids. So you're not the only blogger without kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Amanda's link-up! Sorry you are feeling like negative Nancy, we all have those days. I write up those venting posts all the time. I just have them saved on a document on my computer to spare anyone who happens to stop by my blog haha! Hope your week goes better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I have definitely had those days, hope your week gets better! I like your cat's name and the story behind it is cute. My cat is Callie because she's a Calico so yeah, bonus points for originality there. Thanks for linking up with me today!

    ReplyDelete