Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Going Nowhere Fast

My motivation the last couple weeks has been waning.  Correction: my motivation has been non-existent.  While I was at my parents' for the last week, not only did I not exercise, but I ate like crap.  Yes, I did cook healthy a couple times.  But then I washed down my healthy food with tons of soda, and followed that up with the cookies that were in the cookie jar.  The whole time I was there, I ate all but one cookie in the cookie jar.  There were probably 10 when I got there.  That means I had at least one, if not more, every day.

Gross.

I stepped on the scale this morning, and my slacking off definitely showed on the scale.  I'm not a happy camper.

I've been terrible at blogging.  My posts have been half-assed, along with my eating and exercise habits.  This is so disappointing after such a great month of completing the Xtrain Series.  The bad thing about that series, though, is that I gained weight.  I was half-assing my eating, while going full out with working out.  I thought it was just that I was gaining muscle.  I don't think so.  It has everything to do with what I put in my mouth.  


I find that I eat mostly well during the day (when I say mostly well, I mean I eat well maybe 75% of the time).  But then when it comes time to go home, I binge.  It's not that I'm not eating enough during the day, trust me.  

I just can't seem to find my groove.  I have been STUCK in the 150s for more than 2 years.  Yeah, I've gotten out of them a couple times, but every time I start getting close to 145, I start ballooning up again.  Why?  I don't get it.  It's also frustrating to be working out, and gaining weight.  I thought that maybe tracking what I ate (even though I loathe it) would help with that.  It didn't.  It only confirmed my worst fears - that all I would think about was eating and food and numbers.  It made me obsessed again.  

I'm horrible when it comes to food.  I don't want to eat the same things every day - I get bored.  But if I have too much variety, I get too flexible with myself.

I'm at a loss, and I guess this is a cry for help.  I don't know what to do to get out of the 150s.  I hit my highest weight a few years ago, and I can't get away from it.  


And for those of you wondering - the scale read 156.1 this morning.  Not my highest, but after such a huge fitness gain, that is NOT making me happy.  

I'm not giving up, and I'm trying to keep the positive attitude.  It seems to wax and wane.  I don't want this to turn in to a negative place, and I certainly don't want to complain every day.  But I need to be honest.  And the truth is that I feel hopeless right now.  

2 comments:

  1. You are not hopeless!!!! Just slightly unmotivated. Increase your cardio? Are you eating enough calories? Hows your water intake? You can do this!!! We ALL fall off that dam wagon sometimes just dust yourself off and get back up there.... Step away from the snacks! Get them out of your house. I had to because I couldnt trust myself to just eat one, or stay within the "serving size" Im no expert but these things help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower. I'm from the midwest too, and I seriously think it's this shitty bitter-cold weather. We need some warm & sunshine to pick up back up. Good luck hun.

    xo Ami
    a champagne dream

    ReplyDelete