Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars & Plan for the Week

Hello Monday!  Hope everyone's weekend was a good one.  Mine was mediocre....I'll be doing a post about it this week.  Get ready to get all emotional - this one's a doosy (sp?).  But first......


If you don't really care about the Oscars, you can skip this part.  My plan for the week, diet- and fitness-wise, is a little further down on the page.    :)

On to the Oscars...did anyone watch?  I actually love watching the Red Carpet arrivals a ton more than the actual show.  But this year, I really loved Seth as the host - I thought he was hilarious.  My favorite dress of the evening....


Jennifer Lawrence - she is absolutely gorgeous.  It was definitely her night, both on the red carpet and at the actual award show.  So glad she won.

I also liked Jennifer Aniston's dress - it was a little boring, per usual for her, but I loved the color.

Jennifer Aniston

Actor Bryan Cranston (R) jokes with Kerry Washington (L) on the red carpet

I loved the color of Kerry Washington's dress, but the style was a bit.....off?  Looks like a prom dress, not a glamorous red carpet dress.  

I was also glad that Adele did not decide to wear her ugly curtains again (do a Google search for her Grammy dress....ish).  This dress was so-so.


And all the men look the same and boring, so I won't go over any of them.    :)

I loved the musical performances (the theme of the night) - I thought it was a great addition.  Makes the show a little more interesting.  And being a dancer, I of course LOVED that they had Catherine Zeta Jones come on for a performance of All That Jazz!!!   :D


-----

Now on to the diet/fitness part of the post!  I did my meal-planning and grocery shopping for the week last night (talk about waiting until the last minute!).  My meal plan is going to be a little boring and repetitive, just because it's easier and cheaper to do it that way.  Basically my meal plan will look like this for the week...

Breakfast - Either guacamole toast (toast with avocado and HB eggs), or a smoothie
Snack 1 - Peaches n' Cream (almond milk, peaches, cinnamon)
Lunch - Chipotle Wrap (chicken, feta, avocado, spinach, and chipotle sauce in a low carb wrap)
Snack 2 - Cookie Dough Yogurt....I'm so excited about this!  Lowfat Greek Yogurt, chocolate chips, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.....yum!
Dinner - Greek Style Turkey Burgers (I'll put the recipe up this week)

On the fitness front, I said last week that I'll be doing the Cross Train Xpress series, and starting the C25K program.  Due to the chain of events this past weekend, my workout schedule is changing to Monday through Saturday (rather than Saturday through Friday).  Today I'll be doing Power Circuit + C25K.  I'll report back tomorrow about how it goes!

That's it for now....make it a great one!

-----

Questions for you:

What's your plan for the week?

Did you watch the Oscars?  Favorite/least favorite parts?  What did you think of the fashion?

Anyone else doing the Advocare cleanse?  Did it already?  What was your experience?

1 comment:

  1. I am most excited about watching Fashion Police tonight! love it after the red carpet events haha.
    Jenn Aniston always gets crap for being boring and i feel like that is why she went with red, but i actually like that she isnt flamboyant, i think that is what makes her classy - even though she COULD pull off anything, she always looks simple! love it!

    ReplyDelete