Tuesday, June 25, 2013

There's a Storm Blowing Through (Literally and Figuratively)

Hey everyone.  Hope you all had a good weekend.  Mine?  Not so great.  I seem to be having pretty bad luck lately, and it's really starting to affect me.  I think I'm due for some good luck soon.

First the fire on Monday.  And on Friday?  Well, a big storm blew through the Twin Cities.  I was in Minneapolis at the time, and this happened...




Yes, that is my car.  And I was in it at the time.  I was lucky I didn't get hurt, but my car is not so lucky.  I'm so upset, because I just got my bumper fixed from a previous accident.  Now the same side is dented again. And the cover on my spare tire is busted, and flapping in the wind.  I'm so tired of all these stupid things happening to me - especially my vehicles.  This is my 3rd vehicle, and all vehicles I've put dents in.  My first car was totaled.  And the icing on the cake?  After my last accident, my parents decided to put me on liability, because my insurance rates doubled.  That was about a month ago - so insurance won't cover the damage from the tree.  Great.

Just a side note - it was a pretty bad storm.  Trees were down everywhere, blocking a ton of roads, and some were on power lines.  Some people had it much worse - trees on their homes, or ruining their cars more than mine.  And there were many people without power the entire weekend.  I was out of power (kind of - the power in my kitchen was working?) for the night and part of the day Saturday.  Grocery stores were empty because they had to throw out all their produce, eggs, milk, etc. and many businesses were shut down for the weekend.

I know I should be thankful I'm okay, but it certainly puts a huge damper on my spirit.  Plus, there is something else that happened over the weekend (that I'd rather not share) that completely ruined a lot of things.  I'm going through a really hard time right now because of it.  I wish I could just get these toxic people out of my life, but sometimes I just feel I can't be mean, and I need to help them.  I don't know what to do, and at this point, I'm just so exhausted trying to please everyone.


Sorry for the down-and-out post.  I'm sorry to say that this blog will be on a little hiatus as I sort through this mess.  There are certainly still some good things in my life right now - I just need to hold on to those and remember that it could be much worse.  But my "real life" needs attention right now, so the blog will be on hold.  I'm sure I'll still be reading everyone's blogs, and commenting here and there.  But no posts on My Inner Butterfly.  I don't know how long it will be.  Certainly not more than a month.  Maybe even just a week?  Who knows....I just need to get out of this funk.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been going through so much. I can't imagine how frightened you must have been when you were sitting in your car when that tree fell on it. I would have been scared out of my wits. It's just a miracle that you weren't injured... thank goodness for that. You do what you have to do to get through the problem that you're having. I'll check every now and then to see if you've returned to say hello. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the fire and storm...hope you are ok, will be waiting for you get back to your blog...
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,
    Thank goodness you are alright, I'm sorry to hear about this horrible storm and I hope things start going your way soon. Keep those positive people close.
    The thing with toxic people and trying to help them is that you may be hurting yourself in the process. Please take care and stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I came across your blog, and just wanted to leave a comment. I too am on a weight loss journey and trying to find my inner butterfly :) If youre interested a link to my page is www.fat2fabulosity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete