Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Fire! + Accountability Tuesday #2

Last night was quite eventful, to say the least.  A car in my apartment complex underground garage caught on fire, and it spread to another car.  13 fire trucks were called to the scene, and 2 firefighters were injured.  My apartment?  It’s right above the garage door.

 fire1

fire2

The firefighters did a great job, and were able to keep it contained to only the garage.  I was freaking out, because I left my cat in the apartment.  You see, a few weeks ago, the alarm went off because someone burnt their food while cooking.  I figured it was another false alarm, so I decided I’d just stay in the apartment and wait it out.  That is, until the firemen came and banged on the door, telling me I need to get out.  My cat was hiding under the bed, and I couldn’t get him because he kept running away from me.  So I left without him. 

fire3 
It was a long 3 hours, waiting to go back in the building.  When I finally did, Ricky was okay.  A little scared, but he was okay.  I am tired today.  Thank God none of the apartments were damaged.  The car fire spread to another car – the poor people lost their cars.  Thankful today for those brave firemen/women.

fire4 
----

Now on to Accountability Tuesday #2.  Let’s go over last week’s goals first, and see how I did.

1. Drink more water.  I did okay with this, but definitely could have done better.  I failed to even go fill my water bottle up a couple days.  But I did try to drink at least half of my giant water bottle.  The weekend was no better.  I give myself a D+.
2. Count calories.  I did well with this until the weekend neared.  I tracked every day, except Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  It helped to enter all my planned foods in the mornings.  I really need to get better at tracking on the weekends.  C
3. Weigh in regularly. 
I had my weigh-in last Friday.  Obviously it’s hard to measure that one, since it’s only been a week (not even).  I guess that was more of an overall goal for the coming weeks.  So A for that one.
4. Move more.  This kind of went like my calorie goal.  I did well towards the beginning of the week, but it kind of went to the wayside as I neared the weekend.  C
5. Make a plan – and a back-up plan.
  I planned well, and made back-up plans where appropriate.  A

Overall: B-  I did okay for week 1, but there’s definitely room for improvement.

This week will be a little different.  I’ll only have 3 goals, and with the start of Best Body Bootcamp, I’m focusing on some different things.  I also found a great web site with some awesome printables, including Desercise BINGO!  I can’t believe I didn’t know about this web site before.  I’ve been stalking for the past couple days like mad.

Anyway, here are my goals for the week:

1. Count Calories.  Specifically during the weekend, even if it’s looking bad.  No excuses!
2. Drink water. I’m aiming for half that big jug of water per day. 
3. Deskercise BINGO. Complete the entire chart, and get my prize of a new workout tank.

----

That’s it for today.  Make it a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're okay. I heard about the fire on the news. How scary you were so close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are okay, Heather!! And that Ricky is okay, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How scary!!! Happy to hear you're okay!

    I'm glad you're working towards your goals and recognizing ways to improve from the week before. Doing a little bit is always better than doing nothing at all! :)

    ReplyDelete