Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Accountability Tuesday #1

I know, it's not a very "catchy" title, but I wanted to do this on Tuesdays (partly because it doesn't fit in anywhere else).  So today I'll go over my goals for the week.  For this week, I plan on sticking to my "Back to Basics" bullet points I mentioned last week.

(Hehe, I just thought this was a cute picture)

1.  Drink more water.  I've been filling up my water jug every day.  Right now, I'm aiming to drink at least half of that thing (hey, I have to start somewhere) every day.

2.  Count Calories.  So far so good - I've been logging everything I eat.  Even that darn chocolate cake I ate yesterday - why did someone have to bring that in the office yesterday?!  And now there is a box of chocolate brownies from Davanni's sitting pretty close to my cube.  Must. Stay. Away!

3.  Weigh In Regularly.  I've decided my weigh-in days will be Fridays.  Stay tuned for my first weigh in post in quite a while (at least officially), coming on Friday.

4.  Move more.  I posted my workout plan yesterday for Menu Monday.  Yesterday went well.  As soon as I got home yesterday, I put my workout clothes on and left right away for my 1-mile run.  I was so proud of myself!  And my workout?  Well, that's another story.  I'll go a little more in-depth tomorrow, but let's just say I can really tell I haven't run in a few weeks.  It was so disappointing, but motivating at the same time.

5.  Make a plan - and a back-up plan.  Yesterday I posted my plan.  My main problem is my workouts.  Lately, my schedule has changed quite a bit.  I used to put on my workout clothes at work, and then head straight to the gym after work.  Now it's summer, and I froze my membership for three months.  That means I need to find the motivation inside myself to go home and workout, and NOT sit on the couch.  With my schedule change that I mentioned (I have something going on pretty much every night after work), I plan on bringing my clothes to work again, and changing in to workout clothes before leaving work.  That way, I'll be able to run no matter where I go.

----

Next week I'll go over my goals, grade myself, and discuss what went well, etc.  I'll also post next week's goals at the same time.  Tomorrow is Workout Wednesday, which is the one and only linkup with SkinnyMeg!

Back to work - here's to hoping I can stay away from those brownies!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! I look forward to seeing how you do!

    ReplyDelete