Thursday, July 11, 2013

I'm Back!

Hey hey everybody!  Look who's back!  I was planning on taking a longer hiatus, but I just couldn't stay away.  I love blogging too much, and I've missed talking about myself, ha!


I'm also back with a brand-spanking new layout!  I was getting a little sick of looking at that cartoon thingy, and my teeny tiny profile picture.  I'm still not sure whether or not I like the profile pic I have now, but it'll do for the time being.

Life has gotten hectic, and it's still hectic.  My diet?  Uhh....

Working out?  Errr....


Those things are non-existent lately.  And I'm still holding steady at around the same weight I left off back in June (around 157).  No, I'm not too happy about that, but I'm also glad I didn't gain.

I was looking through my old posts, and came across my 2013 Goals post.  I thought, hey, we're pretty much halfway through the year, so I'm going to review them now!


Run My First 5K
Check!!  I'm so happy I actually reached this goal.  Sadly, I have not run in maybe a month - or more.  Sure, I've done a mile or so here and there, but nothing more than 1.5 miles.  Because I can't.  I'm a little disappointed in myself, but I'm trying to be positive.  I reached this goal, and am proud to say I am was a runner.  Will I continue in the future?  We shall see...

Complete the X-train Series
I did!  Unfortunately, as I did the series, I gained weight.  I'm not sure if it's because I gained muscle or what, but that's really what sparked my downward spiral when it came to working out.  I was just not as motivated as I was when I did the X-train series.  I'm kicking myself now, and wishing I would have taken measurements, because that probably would have shown an improvement.  BUT....shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Reach My Goal Weight (115)
Sigh.  You already know where I'm at with this.  On to the next goal.    :(

Get My Budget Under Control
Well, I have stopped spending so much on lunches out, because I've focused more on bringing my own lunches.  I've also been trying to teach myself to cook foods in bigger batches to last through the week (like lentils).  I also just signed a lease for a new apartment (I'm moving August 1)....and it's more expensive.  But it was a good deal.  It's a 2 bedroom, and it's only about $15 more per month than if I would have stayed in my current one-bedroom (they upped the price quite a bit).  I'm happy with my decision, but it also means I'll probably be cancelling my gym membership.  Don't worry....there's a gym at the apartment complex.    ;)

Create a Cleaning Schedule/Household Notebook
Bahaha!  Good one.  Maybe I'll get to that when I'm done moving all my crap to the new apartment and unpacking on the crap boxes.

All in all, I'd say I'm on a good track.  My weight loss really needs to gain some momentum if I want to be at my goal weight.  My budget is a work-in-progress, and the household notebook.....well, I'll get there.

Coming up this week and next, I'll be tackling the demon that started this whole blog....weight loss.  More specifically - why am I in the position I'm in, and what can I do about it?

Glad to be back - make it a great one!!

3 comments: