Monday, July 15, 2013

Labor Day Challenge

Time to come clean.  I'm feeling fluffy.  Fluffier than usual.  For the past few weeks, I haven't worked out, and I haven't 100% been paying attention to what I've been eating.  And remember that #NoSodaSummer? I've had at least one soda every day.  Typically, it's been 2.

Sure, I haven't gained weight - I've remained steady - but I can tell I'm getting bigger.  None of my clothes are fitting, and I can literally feel my butt and legs getting bigger.  I can literally feel my double chin forming.  And now I am starting to feel my arms jiggle - like, when I'm just walking (I was carrying some of my moving boxes today, and could feel them).

In other words, I feel gross.

So what am I going to do about it?  I feel a little hesitant posting this, because it seems like I continually make plans, only to fail at them.  But I need to keep going.  I can't give up.  Or I will gain even more weight.

Bring on my Labor Day Challenge.  We have about 7 weeks until Labor Day.  I want to be below 150 by then.  If I'm at 149.9, I reached my goal.  How am I going to do it?  Just like anyone else loses weight.  Eat less, move more.

I'll be doing the 30 Day Cardio & Weights Xtrain rotation (remember, I did this at the beginning of the year), PLUS running 4-5 times/week.  I'm not going to be training for a run - I have some good interval treadmill workouts I'm going to be trying out.  I'll be doing runs during my lunch break, and the Xtrain workouts after work.

I'll be posting to Instagram every day from now until Labor Day.  Yup, you heard that right.  At least a picture a day that pertains to my #LaborDayChallenge.  Follow me - my user name is MyInnerButterfly.

Weigh in days will be on Sundays.  That way, I'll want to keep the momentum going on the weekends (a huge downfall for many of us), and I'll have the motivation that Monday always brings.

I'm ready to kick this weight to the curb.  I'm tired of being fat.  I'm tired of constantly trying and failing.  It's time for some accountability.  Let's do this.


1 comment:

  1. Take it one day at a time! You've got this. Staying motivated is always the hardest part, for me. Remember this post you wrote, I hope it encourages you.

    ReplyDelete