Monday, April 1, 2013

April Goals



Sorry for the no post on Friday.  I had the day off, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I spent the day doing my million loads of laundry and sitting around doing absolutely nothing.  It was glorious.

And it's confession time - I didn't work out at all this weekend.  The last time I worked out was actually Wednesday.  And do you know what that means?  I only did one day of C25K last week (Tuesday).  Ooops.  So I've set myself a week back.  Which is okay, but it doesn't really leave much room for any other screw-ups, or doing a certain week twice if needed.  I need to be spot-on.  This 5K is only 6 weeks away.  I'm excited, and really nervous.  It's hard imagining myself running the whole 5K seeing as I can't even run for 5 minutes straight.  But I know I'll get there.  Eventually.

So last week I broke up with the scale.  I have not weighed myself at all since Wednesday.  Well, wait...I actually weighed myself Thursday, and I saw that I gained yet again.  What the....?????  Sigh.  So I was quite happy putting that B in the closet.  Since I'm not weighing myself, I figured I would reward myself based on my behavior.  I came up with a plan this weekend, and here are my April goals.

They look a lot like March's goals, except for a few differences.  One difference is that there is no "weight" goal.  Like I said, I'll be rewarding my behaviors, and I'll be doing it weekly, which is why I've made my April goals in to a weekly format.  The following are my rewards for reaching each of the weekly goals above.  
If I hit my weekly goals for the week, then I get to reward myself with the weekly reward for that week on Sunday!  For the deficit piece (500 calorie deficit, 5 out of 7 days), I have to stay at "maintenance," and not have a calorie surplus the other 2 days of the week in order to get that week's reward (in other words, no going crazy the other 2 days - I still need to watch what I'm doing).  And here's the kicker - I can only get that last week's reward if I was able to reward myself for the first 3 weeks.  So if I slip up and don't get to reward myself one week, no workout outfit from Lululemon for me.  And I really want that outfit!!  

Another difference from the March goals, is that I'm working towards a calorie deficit.  You're probably wondering how I would know I'm at a deficit if I only track how many calories I burn during exercise.  Well, enter BodyMedia Fit.


I've actually had the BodyMedia Fit for quite a while, but haven't been using it.  Mainly because it's not very fashionable, and I hated that it brought a lot of attention to myself.  But I dug it out a couple weeks ago, and have been wearing it since.  I love that I can sync it with MyFitness Pal, so I don't need to enter my food in another location - it just syncs up throughout the day!

One thing that disturbs me is that I don't burn very many calories in a day.  That's to be expected, seeing as I have a desk job.  But it was still surprising, nonetheless.  With the amount of calories I burn in a day, it would be impossible to have a deficit of 1,000 in order to lose 2 pounds per week (because I'd be eating a little under 1200 calories).  For now, I'm going to work on a 500 calorie deficit on a consistent basis.  As time goes on, I want to work on getting that daily burn up by getting up and moving around more, and going on daily walks.  

----

Whew!  That was a long post.  I have some more interesting and fun things planned for this little old blog in the next couple weeks.  Let's just call it Spring Cleaning - blog style.    :)       And I'm not just talking about the looks.  But I'm excited and feeling rejuvenated with this new month, and the possibilities that this new plan brings.  Happy April!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the goals!!! I love the rewards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals! I'm hoping April is a better month for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your April goals :)

    ReplyDelete