Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Blessing in Disguise

Hello all!  Sorry for the no blogging sprinkled with depressing as hell posts.  I'm slowly getting out of this funk.  And I have to say, running is what is pulling me out of it.  I never thought I'd say this, but I really look forward to my runs.  I'm excited to run.  Tuesday I did day 1 of week 5 of the C25K program.  5 minutes jogging, 3 minutes walking, 5 minutes jogging, 3 minutes walking, and then 5 minutes jogging.  And wouldn't you know?  I did it.  Granted, I did it on the treadmill, but I remember not even being able to run for a minute on the treadmill.  I seriously think I experienced my first runner's high.  Which may be a little lame, considering it's not a long distance, but it was for me.  I was so proud of myself.  I loved the feeling of the sweat dripping off of me.  LOVED it.  And lately, I've been feeling just a little bit giddy and on top of the world.  I AM capable of doing this, and I AM capable of anything.  I am capable of being happy - I don't need a guy to be happy.  And really?  This break-up is a blessing in disguise.  More on that later.


----

So, Minnesota woke up to this, this morning.


Sigh.  Seriously - when will Spring be here?  Last year at this time, it was in the 70's.  Granted, that's not normal for Minnesota either, but it was certainly lovely.  Last night, it rained/sleeted, which put a nice 2-3 inch coating of ice on the roads before it started snowing.  I was terrified for my life driving in to work.  Now, it's about 35 degrees, and all the snow and ice is melting - which means a ton of slush and puddles everywhere.  Oh, how I love MinneSNOWta.  What a difference a week makes.


Yes, I took that picture on my walk in 50 degree weather last week.

----

In other news, I did a little shopping this past weekend.  I decided that I would go to the outlet mall, rather than the regular mall I typically go to.  I couldn't believe the number of stores there.  I guess I never really went there because 1. It's pretty far, and 2. I just thought the stores wouldn't be that great.  I didn't have a lot of time to shop, so I'm definitely planning on another trip there soon.  A top I picked out from Maurices....


Yes, I know I have big boobs.  But I'm loving the defined waist.  I still have a little bit of my love handles, but they're certainly diminishing.  Love it!  Dare I say, I'm looking forward to that damn B of a scale on the 30th?  I have NOT peeked at my weight, and I don't plan on it.  But I'm really curious to see what I weigh right now.

----

That's it for today.  I'm thinking my series will start on Monday.  I've already uploaded Part 1 and Part 2 as drafts - all I have to do is click "Publish."  But I figured with all the seriousness and lack of blogging lately, it'd be best to wait until next week.  

Make it a great one! 

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe all this snow. What nonsense!

    That top is super cute. I love Maurices.

    Good for you on the workouts. I need to get back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maurices too! that is raelly similar to the top Im wearing today actually!
    Glad you are feeling better. I cant wait for the day where I love running....or at least look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah you! I love the top! And it is so exciting to get a break through in the running department. I love the runner's high I get from a good run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing up your 5/3/5/3/5! I can completely relate, Heather - that feeling IS amazing and I so super happy to hear you say it makes you feel good. You deserve that!! You look so cute in your new top!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what's crazy? I just posted about blessings disguising themselves today! It's VERY true and it's all part of the master plan! :)

    ReplyDelete