Thursday, April 4, 2013

Flashdance

Hello hello!  It's Thursday, and the only thing I wish in the world right now is that it was Friday instead of Thursday.  Why?  Because I'm going to see THIS tomorrow.....


Guys!  You can not imagine how excited I am.  If you've been reading my blog, you know I've been a dancer since I was 3 years old.  Flashdance is one of those required movies you are supposed to love as a dancer.  And now it's a musical on Broadway.  And I'm going to see it tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!  My mom and her friend get season tickets to the Orpheum Theater in Minneapolis every year, and my mom decided to get an extra ticket for this one.  Score!  I'll be heading downtown right away after work to go to dinner first, and then we'll be heading to the show at 8.  Can't wait!!

----

In other news, I'm so tempted to step on the scale.  I've been doing really good lately.  Like really good.  I have been achieving more than a 500 calorie deficit every day.  I've also been drinking the required amount of water every day.  I even said "no" when my boyfriend offered me some of his orange pop yesterday....


Mmmm, orange pop.  Just like crack.  Seeing as I turned that down, I'd say it's a huge accomplishment.  I haven't even had ANY pop this week.  Go me!

It's looking more and more like I'll be able to get those Ruffles & Fringe headbands for my rewards this week!  I've been waiting FOREVER to get those, and wasn't able to because I never made it to my first goal weight.  Kicking the scale to the curb has been the best thing I've done, honestly.  Rewarding yourself for good habits is much better, and much more motivating.  To me, anyway.

Another reward I have in my mind for next month?  I've been reading a bunch of blogs today with that purse linkup, and I've seen a LOT of Coach purses.  And now I have it in my head that I really want one.  So, yes, I'll be including that in my rewards for next month!  And I will be going to an outlet store near me, rather than paying full price.  Those things are expensive!

That's all I have for today.  I'll be running today for my workout.  Day 3 of Week 4 Couch to 5K.  My goal is to make it through each 5 minute run.  I'll be reporting back tomorrow!  Make it a great one!

5 comments:

  1. Good job on the no soda thing! I have never been a big soda drinker but I know it is a major vice for a lot of people!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I drank Mountain Dew like no other in high school. Seriously, it was bad. I was so addicted. I still prefer it over water, but I'm slowly making progress!

      Delete
  2. It premiered in Pittsburgh, since that is the setting of the musical, and I enjoyed it, but I was a little disappointed with the end dance scene. Hopefully they've ramped it up since going on tour. It still was really enjoyable and good music. I'm interested to read about what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on saying no to soda, I used to eat less and then drink loads of soda to fill up, what a waste that used to be (it took me some time to realise the amount of calories that went in with soda were a lot more than even my unhealthy meal options)
    Have fun with your Mom and friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soda and all similar drinks are really bad for your health.Most contain fructose corn syrup, a really cheap ingredient that has proven associations with type 2 diabetes. Avoid!

    ReplyDelete