Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Really Quick Recap

Oops!  Almost forgot to post today.  Work has been a little busy - which is a good thing!

A little recap of C25K yesterday - I did Day 2 of Week 4.  If you remember from last week, I have to run 5 minutes straight two times.  The first time, I made it fine.  I was a little wiped out, but I kept looking at my phone to see how much time I had left, and I kept telling myself it wasn't so bad.  That it was all in my head.  And I made it the ENTIRE 5 minutes!  I was so happy.  Then I had to run for 3 minutes after a walk break.  That was a little tough.  I almost didn't make it.  I kept telling myself "just run until you get to the  corner."  When I got to the corner, I saw I didn't have much time left, so I persuaded myself to just keep going to the end.  And I did.  I was proud of myself, but by that time, I was beat.

The next 5 minute run started, and I made it about a minute and a half.  My legs were cramping like mad.  I was a little angry with myself, but after walking a minute and a half, I convinced myself to run for the last two minutes.  That two minutes felt like an eternity.  I was exhausted.  But I made it through.

My goal for the next workout is to make it all the way through each 5 minute run.  I know I can do this - I just need to shut off my brain and concentrate on something else.  I tend to tell myself I can't do it, and lots of other negative stuff.  Turning up my music helps a little.  But it's a process.  I know I'll get better!

Sorry for the quick and sort of bad storytelling today.  Work calls!  And can I say, today is the first time in a while that I'm excited to go to the gym tonight!  It's Core Fit, and then my favorite Turbo Step class (with my fav instructor)!  I even went for a quick walk this afternoon!  I'm so full of energy and in a good mood.  Love it!

Make it a great one!

1 comment:

  1. During the first few weeks, I did a lot of quoting encouraging statements and verses. I literally willed myself to take one more step....and then another. It's hard, but it does get easier.

    ReplyDelete