Monday, September 23, 2013

Weigh In & Week 1 Review

Hey everyone!  Hope everyone's morning is starting off a little better than mine.  The day never seems to go well when you're running late - which is what I seem to be doing a lot lately!

Today on the agenda is a little recap of week 1 of the Jingle all the Weigh Challenge, and a weigh-in.

Let's start with the weigh-in, since that's what everyone likes to see.  I started the challenge at my highest weight ever, 163.  This morning...


So anti-climactic.  I'm actually a little relieved about this number, as I had been above that the past few days (most likely water weight).

So why did I stay the same?  Good question.  I did not do as well as I could have.  I didn't have a plan when it came to grocery shopping last week, so my meals were kind of half-heartedly created.  And you all know what that leads to.......a few nights I had chips and cheese for dinner.  One night I had frozen yogurt.  You get the picture.  Definitely not "Jingle All The Weigh" -worthy.

My all about the numbers challenge went pretty well.  There are a few areas of improvement.  Here's what I have so far...

Total Numbers Week 1 (Days 1-7 out of 50 days)
Fitness minutes - 90 minutes / 2000 minutes
Miles - .5 miles / 100 miles
Food Tracking - 7 days / 50 days
Fruits/Veggies - 13 servings / 250 servings
Red Meatless Meals (I'm not counting breakfast) - 11 meals / 75 meals
Water - 15 glasses / 250 glasses
No Soda - 1 day / 25 days
Random Acts of Kindness - 0 / 20
Days of Journaling - 7 Days / 50 Days

I'm going to need to figure out the mileage thing.  Since I'm doing classes, and not really doing any running, I'll have to figure out how to get walking in - that 1/2 mile is from a short walk I took during break at work.

As for my workouts, planned is in black, what I actually did is in blue.

Monday - BodyStep | BodyStep
Tuesday - JM BodyShred | JM BodyShred
Wednesday - BodyStep | Off
Thursday - BodyStep | Off
Friday - Off | Off
Saturday - Fitness Yoga | Off
Sunday - Fitness Yoga | Off

Sooo...not so great.  But it's also better than the past several weeks.  Gotta stay positive!  It's a new week.  And I'm much more prepared this week.  Take a look at my Sunday food prep (part of it)....


I made TJ's pumpkin bars to have during my "coffee break" with some almond milk; oatmeal bake for breakfasts - will have this with a hard-boiled egg; and Avocado Tuna Salad for pita sandwich lunches.  Not pictured is the Avocado Chicken Salad I made for sandwiches, too (can't have too much tuna).  I also washed and took grapes off the vines.  Dinners will be various frozen items from TJ's - quesadillas, tamales, pesto pasta, chicken.  Then I spun some lettuce in my lettuce spinner.  I have a mix of arugula and romaine lettuce with some parmesan cheese ready to go for side salads for dinners.

This was my first attempt at food prep.  I've done tiny versions of it in the past, but not to this extent.  I'm hoping it will really help me stay on track.

Here's to a new week - week #2 of my Jingle All The Weigh Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is quite the challenge, how do you even keep track of it all? Great job prepping the food! It is a pain, but SO worth it, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a printable that I printed out and keep track of all my numbers there. I also note everything daily in my daily food journal! :)

      Delete