Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 3 - Workout Wednesday

Well, I'm on to day 3 of the Jingle All The Weigh challenge, and so far so good!  I have to say, it is definitely freeing to only track what I eat, and not worry about calories.  Right now I'm just focusing on trying to eat as many whole foods as possible, and also focusing on the numbers challenge.

There's a lot going on with this challenge, but right now I want to talk about the class I went to yesterday.  So I'm linking up with the awesome SkinnyMeg (or PregMeg) to talk about it.


Yesterday I tried out a new class at the gym - Jillian Michael's BodyShred.  I was so excited to see this class pop up.  We all know how great Jillian is, however, I'm not a huge fan of her.  I can't stand listening to her, and the music in her videos definitely leaves something to be desired.


The class was very similar to her videos, and incorporates the 3-2-1 format - 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs.  The class was intense, and I had to stop a few times to catch my breath.  There was so much going on, and really no breaks.  We just had to listen to our bodies and take breaks when necessary.

I had forgotten my heart rate monitor at home, so I can't tell you how many calories I burned, but I was sweating!!  If any of you go to a gym where this class is offered, GO!  Especially all you Jillian lovers out there.  In my opinion, the class was even better than her videos.

----

PS I'm trying to figure out what kind of blogging schedule I'm going to have with this challenge.  There's so much to this challenge that I don't want to miss out on updating everyone on everything.  Slowly but surely I'm working on it.

PPS  The Big Brother finale is on tonight.  Anyone else watch this year?  I have to say, this was probably the worst season ever.  I can't stand any of the remaining three houseguests (if you watch the feeds, you know what I'm talking about - TV-only viewers will probably wonder why).  I can't wait until this season is over.  I stopped watching the feeds and reading the spoilers weeks ago after Elissa left.   :(

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree about the music in Jillian's workout videos... blah!

    ReplyDelete