Thursday, September 26, 2013

I (Don't) Workout

Hey everyone - only one day, and the weekend is finally here.  I had a few things go on this week that have me looking forward to the future.  I'm just really hoping that everything works out in my favor, and that I'll have good news next week.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Okay, now let's talk about working out.  I'm 11 days into my Jingle All The Weigh Challenge, and I've worked out a total of 3 times.  3 out of 11 days, I worked out.  That number should be 9 out of 11 (if I followed my plan).  I said a while ago that I was excited about joining the gym again, because that's what had me working out pretty much every day in the past.  Now?  I've only gone a handful of times since I opened up my membership again.

I just can't seem to get into it.  Now I know that losing weight is mostly diet.  The thing is, I like food.  The more food I can eat, the better.  When you workout, you can eat a little more because you're burning more calories.  I just can't get into a routine!!!

Nothing seems to work.  If I take baby steps, then I'm too lenient with myself and end up not working out at all.  "Oh, I only have to workout 3 times this week?  Okay, tomorrow will be the first time for the week.  Love the baby steps!"  Yeah - you all know how that ends up.  If I try to go hard-core, doing two-a-days, I tend to skip the morning (not a morning person), and workout extra hard at night.  But that only lasts a few days because I get bored or feel like I'm failing because I'm not following the plan 100%.  If I say I'll go to the gym right away after work, things either come up, or I tell myself I'll just work out at home because I have a lot of stuff to do at home.  Then I end up going home and not working out, or doing the things I needed to get done at home.  Double fail.

So what gives?  I don't know what to do to get back on the workout train.  I feel like that train left me in the dust a long time ago.

Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment