Monday, September 16, 2013

Jingle All The Weigh

Good morning, all!  I know it’s Monday, but I’m actually in a good mood today – who would’a thought??  

Maybe because, as of today, we are 100 days away from Christmas, which is my favorite holiday.  Can you believe it?  100 days until Christmas!!  Um, I’m still trying to get over the financial hardship that last Christmas brought on!!  And I don’t know about you, but us Minnesotans didn’t get much of a summer – we had a pretty late winter (we had snow in May), and it is already close to freezing at night lately. 

So I thought, with 100 days until Christmas, why not start a little challenge?  A weight loss challenge....


I did not hit my goal of looking hot in a bikini this summer.  It’s pretty disappointing.  I certainly thought that I would be a lot further than I am.  After all, I actually completed an entire rotation of Xtrain, and I ran my first 5K – two of my New Years Resolutions.  I will pat myself on the back for meeting those goals, but I’m disappointed that I let everything get in the way of my weight loss goals.  I’m heavier than I’ve ever been.  I’m starting this challenge at my highest weight ever….


Sigh. 

But I have a plan.  Take a look at my vision board, er, wall…..


It includes inspirational pictures.

 

It also includes a meal plan document.


The following will be used to track my measurements (got the idea off of Pinterest) :


And I’ll also be using Back to her Roots’s “It’s all about the Numbers” challenge for the first 50 days, with a little of my own tweaking…


It will be all about these numbers (I changed a few things around):
  1. 2000 fitness minutes
  2. 100 miles of walking/running
  3. Track food for 50 days (in a paper journal – but no counting calories)
  4. 250 servings of fruits/veggies (that’s 5/day)
  5. 75 red meatless meals (it was originally meatless, but I’m not vegetarian, so thought I’d just stay away from red meat)
  6. 250 glasses of water (changed from 500, because I don’t drink a lot right now – so that’s 5 glasses/day)
  7. 25 days of no soda (this does not have to be consecutively)
  8. 20 random acts of kindness
  9. 50 days of journaling (I’m using the book “100 Days of Weight Loss” by Linda Spangle)

Throughout the next 100 days, I’m going to be creating my own smaller “challenges” to help me get to the big goal.  Where do I want to be, come Christmas?  I want to weigh 145 pounds.  18 pounds in 100 days – about 1.29 pounds per week.  It will be hard.  But weight loss is hard.  It’s time to crack down and get rid of this weight. 

If I reach 145 pounds by Christmas, my reward will be a $500 clothes shopping spree.  Yep.  $500.  That’s huge motivation right there.  I have absolutely no clothes, it’s ridiculous.  I got rid of a ton when I moved, because they’re just old.  Since gaining all this weight, I haven’t wanted to do any shopping, because it’s just depressing, and I can never find anything that I like on my body.  I have one pair of jeans, and there’s a hole that’s getting bigger and bigger in the thigh area.  Pretty sad that my only pair of jeans are ripped and I need to be careful how I walk or sit in them.  Talk about uncomfortable.

NO MORE.  I created a page for the Jingle All The Weigh Challenge (click on the link up at the top of the page).  Head on over and check it out!

Weigh-in days will be on Mondays, and I’ll also be sharing my workout plan for the week ahead.  So far I’ve showed you my weight.  And here’s the workout plan for the week.

Monday: BodyStep
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels BodyShred (new class at the gym!)
Wednesday: BodyStep
Thursday: BodyStep
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Fitness Yoga
Sunday: Fitness Yoga

I’ll be adding things here and there throughout the challenge.  As far as fitness goes, right now I just want to focus on getting in the habit of working out again.  I’m really looking forward to the next 100 days.  In 100 days, I will no longer look like this…..

(Picture was taken this weekend)

Challenge: ON!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I didn't know Christmas was 100 days away either. Glad I started Christmas shopping already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one counting down to Christmas! lol Love your inspiration boards - So motivating! You've done a great job already completing a 5k! That has been a goal of mine for as long as I can remember! Stick with it. You've got this, and you'll look fab in your new wardrobe! :)

    ReplyDelete