Monday, May 6, 2013

Weigh-In & An Exciting Week Ahead


Well, look who's back!  Sorry I've been MIA.  Let me fill you in and give you TMI - I left work early on Thursday and didn't go in on Friday because I had diarrhea.  It was ugly.  I almost didn't make it to the bathroom at work on Thursday.  That's when I decided it was time to pack it up and go home.

Was it a virus?  Nope.  I'm 95% sure it was from my Spark that I tried for the first time.  It had been the only thing I changed with my diet on Wednesday.  It's disappointing.  I basically wasted almost $30.  I'm thinking maybe it's time to stop listening to what everyone else is doing, and just follow my gut.  I didn't even like the taste, contrary to what has been advertised all over blog world.  I know some people genuinely like it, and that's great.  But NOT me.  I was even thinking of doing the actual cleanse at the end of this month - but now I'm thinking I may decide against that.  We'll see.

But I'm back!  And due to the fact that I was on the toilet for two days straight, I'm happy to report that since my last weigh-in, I've lost 2 pounds!


LOL - it was actually more than that.  I lost almost five pounds when I stepped on the scale on Friday.  But I ate some of that back.  And I'm pretty sure I was dehydrated because my head was pounding.  Last Wednesday, I was at 157.2, and I'm now at 155.2.

----

If any of you have been following my blog, you know that I've been training for my first 5K.  Last week was actually supposed to be the final week, but I got sidelined due to the *ahem* circumstances.  So I'm on my final stretch this week.  And SUNDAY is my 5K!!!  I don't think it's really sunk in yet. I'm not nervous at all - I'm just really wanting to make it out alive.  And preferably not last.  There should be hundreds, if not thousands, of people there - so I'm hoping that will help my chances of not coming in last a little better.    ;)

I downloaded the MapMyRun app so that I can see how far I'm going, rather than just focusing on time running.  It's looking like I may finish in around 40 minutes, give or take a few.  I'm not sure.  I think I'll be able to better figure that out on my runs this week.  I'm switching up the workouts this week, and will be doing mainly running for my workouts.  I also need to make sure I eat as clean as possible and drink plenty of water.

This is it!  The week of my first 5K.  I can't believe it's here, and I can't believe that I have FINALLY finished the C25K program.  I've started it so many times in the past, and have never made it past week 3.  I'm so proud of myself!  Accountability is everything people!  Put it out there, tell everyone!  Your blog friends, your Facebook friends, your real life friends, and family!  That is what's kept me going - knowing that everyone out there knows that I'm training for this.  Let's get this week started!

1 comment: